ericsbrother

highview parking offer of massive discount

OH

just got an out of time NTK from Highview with an additional letter offering a discount payment of £20 as it is the first time she has overstayed.

now my question is y

are they processing purely the data captured as a result of the overstay or are they storing ALL of the ANPR data and then trawling through it to see if the vehicle has ever been there before?

I shall be asking Highview this but your thoughts on what part of the GDPR applies to this collection activity when the data is essentially anonymous until they decide to send you a bill. Is it lawful retention and processing?

The wording of the law is a bit vague in my mind, it may be that they require prior consent if they are doing a comparitive measure but if they only flag up cars that overstay then they shouldnt be storing the other data beyond what is necessary which would be about a day. or be forced to ask permission to then do their processing

Wonder if GDPR would mean erach visit is a separate event, and if no infringement data should be deleted, if they are keeping data to compare on the off chance vehicle been before on a different day or week, then maybe they are in breach.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!