TFL Fare Evasion for 5 months (16+ Oyster)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

are all the other journeys listed as TIC for you to sign off on?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Do you have the name of the person at TfL handling your case? If so, you can continue to write and ask for an out of court settlement as well as doing what king12345 suggests on the day. A few people have said recently that they don't have a phone number for the person they would like to contact, maybe you do?

HB

I have sent two letters to the person who is dealing with my case. I have asked for an OOC on both occasions but I have been unsuccessful. I did ask for a phone number but was told that discussing the matter over the phone would not change the decision that has been made. 

I will definitely pursue what king12345 has suggested. 

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

are all the other journeys listed as TIC for you to sign off on?

dx

The other journeys have not been mentioned in any correspondence. Should I write a new letter and enquire about this or wait until the court date? 

god no.

so only the one

thats good news.

strange [ to me] they are pushing this to a judge mind.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think I made a big mistake in highlighting the extent of use on the first letter I sent to TFL explaining my view of what happened. 

57 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

We normally recommend not to tell TfL anything they don't already know.

I would still keep writing to your case handler. TfL seem to be taking a harder line these days, but it's always worth a try.

HB

I don't know what I would say in mitigation though? I would need pretty strong mitigating circumstances (along with evidence). I am just going to wait until the court date and attempt to plead with the prosecutor. 

Yes the Court date is set for the end of this month. I did state what effect the conviction would have on my career in the mitigating circumstances section of the requisition. 

if they have not mentioned the other uses as TIC and only ONE is mentioned in the charge...well done

that's means you say nothing about them nor will they.

they must have their reasons for not stating them, as , they are easily found by usage checks.

thank your lucky stars.

and they

mitigation [after the event] is also showing PROOF you now have a paid up season or whatever ticket and are thus cannot avoid or be tempted to do it again.

that has proved a worthy line in the past.

in this case, which again i'm amazed does not include 3mts worth of listed journey's TIC, could be the winner , have you not outlined this to date ?

and they

I was not aware that mitigation can also apply to actions taken after the event.

I have not outlined this to date, I will write another letter stating this given I now use a monthly travel card and would never attempt it again.

However, the Court date is in 10 days so I'm not sure I would receive a response in time.. seems to be worth a try though. 

Thank you dx100uk. 

Regarding "mitigation, actions after the event" : It isn't "mitigation" in the pure legal sense of "actions that will tend to lead to a reduced sentence".

What it might do is show TfL that the likelihood of you re-offending as smaller, so less need to take you to court to achieve that, so greater chance of them agreeing an administrative settlement, so that it never reaches the sentencing phase.

Edited by BazzaS

and as this was in May ...find and inc proof you've paid monthly since too.

it will thus be on record also wont hurt to take a few copies with you just in case

obv you gather from this you should plead guilty and state you will be attending to convey to the judge your personal remorse over stupid actons during such a low point in your life.

and they

• 1 month later...

and?

and they