fashy

Bankruptcy query - pls help

Help!!!! I am so confused

Back in .........2018 I had to go to court due to the fact that my tenant refused to leave the house and made Some allegations which was not true

...long story

the bottom line is I had to engage the Services of a lawyer and now ended up with a bill to the of 6k for their services...

i was meant to pay £200 payment plan in instalments but this was defaulted due to restricted work at the time...

Because I have been unable to make the payment my lawyers have now filed for Bankruptcy...and I have been give a date in May to attend.
I am now so worried when I read about the impact of going down the bankruptcy route

My question now

is there anyway I can dispute this or get the judge to revoke this application or is there an alternative option to Bankruptcy?
I Patiently await your response.

Regards

FASHY

The lower limit for bankruptcy is now I believe £7000  so I can not see how they can make you bankrupt ,

Best you look on the insolvency site, more likely they said bankruptcy to frighten you and will be a ccj

you mean the solicitors have sent you a statutory Demand?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

As you owe over £5000, the creditor can petition for your bankruptcy. You can apply to set-aside within 18 days if you have sufficient grounds, or you can arrange repayment within 21 days to stop further action.

It appears that you own property so the solicitors know you have equity. They will probably settle for a voluntary charging order instead if you are currently unable to pay.