• Tweets

• don't sign it inc a ctax bill copy might be an idea to also enc a copy of the latest letter.
    • only half way through 30 day time limit yet...sent 30th?
    • Hi all,   I am trying to find out if anyone has issued a DSAR to an organisation, been ignored or given incomplete data, therefore the organisation has infringed the regulation and quite possibly caused material or non-material damage, and took them to Court over it?       https://gdpr.algolia.com/gdpr-article-82 Art. 82 GDPR Right to compensation and liability Any person who has suffered material or non-material damage as a result of an infringement of this Regulation shall have the right to receive compensation from the controller or processor for the damage suffered. 1Any controller involved in processing shall be liable for the damage caused by processing which infringes this Regulation. 2A processor shall be liable for the damage caused by processing only where it has not complied with obligations of this Regulation specifically directed to processors or where it has acted outside or contrary to lawful instructions of the controller. A controller or processor shall be exempt from liability under paragraph 2 if it proves that it is not in any way responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Where more than one controller or processor, or both a controller and a processor, are involved in the same processing and where they are, under paragraphs 2 and 3, responsible for any damage caused by processing, each controller or processor shall be held liable for the entire damage in order to ensure effective compensation of the data subject. Where a controller or processor has, in accordance with paragraph 4, paid full compensation for the damage suffered, that controller or processor shall be entitled to claim back from the other controllers or processors involved in the same processing that part of the compensation corresponding to their part of responsibility for the damage, in accordance with the conditions set out in paragraph 2. Court proceedings for exercising the right to receive compensation shall be brought before the courts competent under the law of the Member State referred to in Article 79(2).  
    • Thank you for the reply.No, he still lives there.   
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Joshyluds

Trouble with CRS/harlands

Hi all

I know there is a lot of people getting this hassle from CRS on here just looking for some guidance. 

I had a 12 month contract with exercise 4 less which i saw through till the end and more. I was under the impression of no longer being under a contract having been a member there for longer than 12 months. 

I cancelled my DD in January as I worked away and no longer used the gym. 3 months later I received a random text from CRS claiming I need to get in touch regarding my account and should check my emails. 

I had an email stating I owed £207 to harlands for missing 3 months payments which would have equalled just under £30. 

I called CRS and got through to some arrogant git who had no interest in helping me. He explained the charges were for a tracing charge and late repayment charges. 

I explained how I cancelled and he told me i was supposed to cancel through the website as I had been moved on to a rolling contract which I didn’t know about. 

I told him I’m happy to pay the outstanding charges of the missed 3 months as it was a genuine mistake of how I cancelled, but he said that’s not possible I have to pay the charges. I refused to pay the charges as I’ve received no warning of any missed payments, not a single letter through the door or email prior. 

I’ve received 2 more texts and a miscall since this which was 3 weeks ago. Just wondering where to go from now as I’ve noticed my credit score has gone down and can only be from this. I would continue to ignore if my score wasn’t being effected. Just slightly worried it will keep going down. 

What steps should I take next?

thanks for the help!

ignore and block all texts emails and calls.

send them a letter offering ONE MONTHS membership [as you didn't give them 30 days notice of cancelling the DD]

moved you to the gym forum

plenty of examples of the required slick132 letter here in many threads

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Hi Joshy and welcome to CAG

As DX says, find and adapt one of my drafts - offer to pay just one month's fee for the month you should have given notice but you won't pay any more and you won't pay any admin fees (penalty charges).

Use a typed letter ( not email) and keep us posted ...................

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)