• Tweets

• Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
    • What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
    • Here is the reply from POPLA after I complained to its chief assessor -- completely rubbish!   ---   Your complaint about POPLA   Thank you for your email, which was passed to me by the POPLA team as I am responsible for responding to complaints.   I note from your correspondence that you are unhappy with the decision reached by the assessor in your appeal against Parking Eye.     POPLA is an impartial and independent appeals service and we do not act either for the parking operator or the appellant. It is important to explain that it is not our remit to source evidence and documents from either party in support of their submission and our decisions are based on the evidence received from both parties at the time of the appeal. We cannot consider further evidence after the appeal has been completed.   You have advised that the decision issued to you on 29 October 2019 does not address the crucial points of your rebuttal.   You have reiterated your original grounds of appeal. For clarity, I have addressed each point as follows.   Regarding grace periods.   While section 13 of the British Parking Association Code of Practice stipulates that a minimum grace period should be allowed, the grace period is only applicable in car parks are required. In this car park, the entrance signs states that the site is for permit holders and service vehicles only, as such, a grace period is not applicable in this instance. You would have been aware that you did not have a permit on entering the site and I am satisfied that the assessor is correct in determining that the six minutes that you were on the site was not a reasonable period.   You have advised that there is no evidence of landowner authority and have provided a quote from another POPLA decision.   POPLA deals with appeals on a case by case basis and as such, any external factors such as other similar parking contraventions or appeals have no impact on our decision making.   I have reviewed the assessor’s comments relating to this ground of appeal and also the document provided by the operator and I am satisfied that the assessor has correctly stated that the operator has the relevant authority to issue PCN’s on this site.   You advise that no contract was formed between the driver and the operator.   The assessor has advised that the signage on the site makes the terms and conditions of the car park clear which, after reviewing the images of the signs provided, I agree with. By choosing to remain on the site, you have accepted the terms and conditions of this contract and by remaining on site for six minutes without a permit, the terms and conditions were breached.   After reviewing the assessor’s decision, I am satisfied that the outcome reached is correct As POPLA is a one-stage process, there is no opportunity for you to appeal the decision.   As our involvement in your appeal has now concluded you may wish to pursue matters further. For independent legal advice, please contact Citizens Advice at: www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0345 404 05 06 (English) or 0345 404 0505 (Welsh).   In closing, I am sorry that your experience of using our service has not been positive. We have reached the end of our process and my response now concludes our complaints procedure. I trust you will appreciate that there will be no further review of your complaint and it will not be appropriate for us to respond to any further correspondence on this matter.   Yours sincerely Paul Garrity POPLA Complaints Team
  • Our picks

Just a little help needed

I have already read here and some months ago after finding some old MBNA statements sent a SAR and have received pages and pages back from them.

I have tried reading here several times but keep getting lost and distracted but the way i see it i can either do the simple 8% spread sheet or the compound interest spread sheet but understand there may be a problem getting anything back using that method ??? am i right.

If i decide either what to date do i enter ??? the date the account was closed ( well sold to Link where i am still paying back) or today's date

This is going back to 2003 when i had the card and being self employed i assume any PPI is worthless.

If someone could let me know i would be very grateful

well 1stly why are you blindly paying link anything

they are a DCA and have ZERO legal powers.

you charges compound int up until the day the OC stopped that

then take that figure and pop it into the statint sheet the day after as a whole sum.

the claim to date on the CISHEET will be the last day they [the OC] charged you at their int rate.

have you been getting statements from link?

as I bet they are charging you interest

expand on the debt history please.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok mmm right sort of got it lol ... do bear with :)

think i saw a post from one of your colleagues and what i did was loaded the cisheet with all the ppi transactions and did from date account opened 2003 to date account was sold to Link 2009.

I then took that figure and put it in the statint sheet from date account was sold to link 2009 to current day .... ??.

Now the ppi stopped being charged late 09/2008 and after that to 04/2009 it was just Finance charge ..

which im guessing that's the interest.

Ok so bit of history ...

like i said it was sold to Link 2009 at £3956.39.and they took it to court Jan 2012 …

i had contested there being no signature on the credit agreement as i was sure i applied online but they produced one and claim was awarded.

However i immediately i applied for a Variation order and my offer of £10 per month was accepted and i have paid it religiously since despite them sending me constant letters telling me i need to give them my total household income plus expenditure details of other creditors etc to which i just ignore and keep sending the £10.

They did however obtain a charging order .

yep seems you've got it right

is the debt on a jointly owned home, but the debt is solely yours?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Yes the debt is in my name only not my wife and yes the house is joint owned. 

I have a letter from the people who tried to help me when I had to go to court over the charging order ... I'll scan it and when I can work out how to block out bits I'll post it 

So it's only a restiction k.

That's why they keep pushing you

It's useless to them

As it's not a full CO

Worthless

Shame you lost the can claim. 

spreadsheets 

Could someone just take a look at the letter sent regarding my PPI when you have 5 mins.

when i submitted my claim I added all the ppi using the CISheet V101 and got a value £3733 i then added that to the STatINTshee v101 and got a total £6728.

I received a letter (attached) and have no idea how they have come up with the value but it is lower by a fair ammount.

Could someone take a look and let me know their thoughts and my options.

Also tody they sent a check for the ammount stated on the letter so should i bank it even if i intend to dispute

Thanks

img008.pdf

anybody had a chance to take a look and give me their thoughts

pop your 2 .xls files up please

dx

spreadsheets 

cant see anything wrong with your sheets

they agree with PPI charges total

and have awarded more CI int

they seem to not be understanding that from the date of the card sale [when there int stopped

you are entitled to 8% stat int on that sum till they settle.

as the statint sheet calcs.

point that out to them

ask them for a complete breakdown.

think its better not to cash that cheque 

spreadsheets 

Ok i am constructing a letter now along those lines.

Do you think i should return the cheque with the letter ??

I believe you could also write in your letter that you accept the cheque as partial settlement toward your on going complaint.

spreadsheets 

Ok with your help i have drafted the following letter.

If you get 5 could you just take a look and i will send it off to them.

img009.pdf

according to the FOS redress guidelines

I am entitled to 8% statutory interest on redress sums whereby you have prevented me from investing said figure.

your interest stopped on [date] resulting in the sum of £2140.32 on PPI premiums of £1780.55, giving a total of £3920.87.

thus I should be entitled too 8% statutory interest till the date you settle, not £454.45.

dx

spreadsheets 

So I have sent a letter to MBNA stating the above and have not had any reply from them.

So how long should I wait do you think ... 

The letter was sent sign for so I know they have received it.

Any views ??