• Tweets

• firstly , they are not a Debt collector [never confuse the two - a DCA chasing consumer credit debt is totally powerless and have ZERO legal powers to do or take anything - they have no more legal powers than you or I do ] these will be bailiffs and do they have legal powers.   However, the good bit is that unlike what you might have seen on TV, for a council CTAX liability order [please confirm there is or NOT a CCJ registered check your creit file] there is NO right of forced entry. The bottom line is, bar all the arm waving, is, that if you simply totally ignore them, they will eventually go away.   Now what they can do is two fold on CTAX. basically add fees to a set limit.   the first is a notice of enforcement letter. this comes with a fee of £75 and gives you 7 days to set up some sort of payment plan.   the second is an actual visit, where by a further fee of £235, whereby the fees are now £310 , the maximum they can ever add to the CTAX bill. this is typically accompanied by a threat to removed goods, it's cleverly worded or 'explained' to make you 'think' they can waltz in any take anything they like. THEY CANNOT unless YOU let them in. which you don't, nor leave doors unlocked as they can then enter through what is called 'peaceful entry'.   in real term, the seizure of goods is limited to stuff outside like cars YOU might own that are not behind locked gates.   so i'm not too sure what stage you are at  so please clarify. the name of the bailiff company. how much you now owe the county council the CTAX is owed too.   if you have any/all paperwork please scan it to PDF  after redaction - read our upload guide]   one last point. they don't keep coming around they don't keep ringing. neither of those gander them anymore money so they don't bother.   dx      
    • Hi Everybody I moved into my parents house quite recently. My mam is aged and extremely ill (it's just me and her living in the house) and I moved from the North to the South of England to take care of her.   Now I've got a CCJ against me for unpaid Council tax from when I was living in the North and a debt collector has just showed up at the door. Now I don't have the money to pay the entire amount straight away. But I'm willing to try and enter in some kind of payment plan and gradually pay down the debt. However my main concern is that they don't keep coming around and phoning the house threatening and harassing my mam over her sons debt.   However the guy at the door was threatening to seize goods and have them sold at public auction. Getting bailiffs to break in etc.   When I told him that I've nothing of any real value he said he could just take whatever was in the house. Something about if she couldn't prove whatever was hers then they could just take whatever (I'm not 100% this but I think something to this affect).   He left me a "Notification of Enforcement agent visit" sheet of paper.   From the first paragraph it says:   "As an enforcement agent I've attended your premises today with the intention of taking control of your goods in accordance with the taking control of goods (fees) regulations 2014. At this time your goods are bound. You cannot remove, sell or otherwise dispose of them"   Thus I'd appreciate any advice that readers my be able to offer. Does anyone know the law regarding "seizing assets" when the debtor is not the homeowner/tenant?   tia Bear
    • I should add I only got the CCA response last week after waiting nearly a month over the prescribed time limits to respond. PM
    • Thanks, I thought that might be the case.  J
    • claimform issuance stops the SB clock    dx  
  • Our picks

Just a little help needed

I have already read here and some months ago after finding some old MBNA statements sent a SAR and have received pages and pages back from them.

I have tried reading here several times but keep getting lost and distracted but the way i see it i can either do the simple 8% spread sheet or the compound interest spread sheet but understand there may be a problem getting anything back using that method ??? am i right.

If i decide either what to date do i enter ??? the date the account was closed ( well sold to Link where i am still paying back) or today's date

This is going back to 2003 when i had the card and being self employed i assume any PPI is worthless.

If someone could let me know i would be very grateful

well 1stly why are you blindly paying link anything

they are a DCA and have ZERO legal powers.

you charges compound int up until the day the OC stopped that

then take that figure and pop it into the statint sheet the day after as a whole sum.

the claim to date on the CISHEET will be the last day they [the OC] charged you at their int rate.

have you been getting statements from link?

as I bet they are charging you interest

expand on the debt history please.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok mmm right sort of got it lol ... do bear with :)

think i saw a post from one of your colleagues and what i did was loaded the cisheet with all the ppi transactions and did from date account opened 2003 to date account was sold to Link 2009.

I then took that figure and put it in the statint sheet from date account was sold to link 2009 to current day .... ??.

Now the ppi stopped being charged late 09/2008 and after that to 04/2009 it was just Finance charge ..

which im guessing that's the interest.

Ok so bit of history ...

like i said it was sold to Link 2009 at £3956.39.and they took it to court Jan 2012 …

i had contested there being no signature on the credit agreement as i was sure i applied online but they produced one and claim was awarded.

However i immediately i applied for a Variation order and my offer of £10 per month was accepted and i have paid it religiously since despite them sending me constant letters telling me i need to give them my total household income plus expenditure details of other creditors etc to which i just ignore and keep sending the £10.

They did however obtain a charging order .

yep seems you've got it right

is the debt on a jointly owned home, but the debt is solely yours?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Yes the debt is in my name only not my wife and yes the house is joint owned. 

I have a letter from the people who tried to help me when I had to go to court over the charging order ... I'll scan it and when I can work out how to block out bits I'll post it 

So it's only a restiction k.

That's why they keep pushing you

It's useless to them

As it's not a full CO

Worthless

Shame you lost the can claim. 

spreadsheets 

Could someone just take a look at the letter sent regarding my PPI when you have 5 mins.

when i submitted my claim I added all the ppi using the CISheet V101 and got a value £3733 i then added that to the STatINTshee v101 and got a total £6728.

I received a letter (attached) and have no idea how they have come up with the value but it is lower by a fair ammount.

Could someone take a look and let me know their thoughts and my options.

Also tody they sent a check for the ammount stated on the letter so should i bank it even if i intend to dispute

Thanks

img008.pdf

anybody had a chance to take a look and give me their thoughts

pop your 2 .xls files up please

dx

spreadsheets 

cant see anything wrong with your sheets

they agree with PPI charges total

and have awarded more CI int

they seem to not be understanding that from the date of the card sale [when there int stopped

you are entitled to 8% stat int on that sum till they settle.

as the statint sheet calcs.

point that out to them

ask them for a complete breakdown.

think its better not to cash that cheque 

spreadsheets 

Ok i am constructing a letter now along those lines.

Do you think i should return the cheque with the letter ??

I believe you could also write in your letter that you accept the cheque as partial settlement toward your on going complaint.

spreadsheets 

Ok with your help i have drafted the following letter.

If you get 5 could you just take a look and i will send it off to them.

img009.pdf

according to the FOS redress guidelines

I am entitled to 8% statutory interest on redress sums whereby you have prevented me from investing said figure.

your interest stopped on [date] resulting in the sum of £2140.32 on PPI premiums of £1780.55, giving a total of £3920.87.

thus I should be entitled too 8% statutory interest till the date you settle, not £454.45.

dx

spreadsheets 

So I have sent a letter to MBNA stating the above and have not had any reply from them.

So how long should I wait do you think ... 

The letter was sent sign for so I know they have received it.

Any views ??