Job at university

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like i said previously. supermarkets have a silly online personality test that has absolutely nothing to do with the job itself. Its there basically to see if youre a yes sir, no sir type of person. After all its min wage work with hard working conditions and very little reward.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail the online questions and my CV is not good enough apparently

What do you think you could do to improve your CV, Sam? We could offer dozens of suggestions, but you know your CV and you know yourself better than we do.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

This whole thread is hilarious. Sam - you don't like being a troll under this bridge so want to do back to the old bridge you were banned from?

I kinda get it, if you're mentally ill then safety is what you feel secure with. But I think it's probably helpful for you to hear some shocking hard helpful advice here, before you go on to find another website to get banned from...

Here it comes...

Ready..?

If you are in your mid-twenties and have NEVER done a day's work in your life, despite apparently applying for jobs, then the problem is probably YOU son!

Thank god we live in a country where tax payers pay for you to be indulged.

There is nothing wrong with me. Like I have said I am at college 4 days a week since 2013. I do voluntary work which is ok. Im going to university. I had a really crap childhood so don't you DARE say i have a problem :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

And here we go. I stayed out of this until now. Despite knowing for a "fact" (if Sam tells the truth and is to be believed) that he has said things on this thread that contradict what he had said previously.

Sam, lots of people had a really crap childhood. You have no idea what people here have lived with, or continue to live with. It's also NO EXCUSE. Get over it.

And by the way, when you answer employers questions about how you would deal with a difficult customer with "i would scream and shout at them, I won't be told anything and the customer can #### off" - as you do on the boards - then there's an excellent reason why they won't employ you. Assuming ANY if this is true, then you really need to do what I told you - and what lots of other people have told you - and get real help. You won't get what you want on these boards. And you won't survive a job or a university whilst you continue to exhibit these violent tendencies. Get help. Real help.

and i suppose the reason why i don't want a job at KFC, Burger king or McDonalds is because I AM NOT a dog. I want to work in a place that is good like a supermarket. I am not dim, i am not stupid and i am going to uni in September. I do not want to be surrounded by people who can't ad 2 plus 2. Also my stepbrother works in a supermarket and my stepsister has a part time Saturday job in a shoe shop. any of those would be ok. And I would NEVER find a girlfriend working at a place like fast bloody food

and i suppose the reason why i don't want a job at KFC, Burger king or McDonalds is because I AM NOT a dog. I want to work in a place that is good like a supermarket. I am not dim, i am not stupid and i am going to uni in September. I do not want to be surrounded by people who can't ad 2 plus 2. Also my stepbrother works in a supermarket and my stepsister has a part time Saturday job in a shoe shop. any of those would be ok. And I would NEVER find a girlfriend working at a place like fast bloody food

People who work at fast food places are PEOPLE. Not dogs- although most dogs I know don't aggressively attack people like you do. You have never worked. They have. And paid taxes to support you spending multiple years at college. How dare you insult workers like that?

Well its better then having to work in fast food. AND YEAH, YEAH I HAVE SPENT YEARS AT COLLEGE BECAUSE I HAD NO ****ING QUALIFICATIONS YOU ****ING LITTLE Piers Morgan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO ANGRY people are so ****ing judgemental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-x:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to be different but when people judge me i HATE it

If i was working in a supermarket or other retail then i would not scream and shout but if fast food then i would. I AM NOT A DOG

No you aren't. Dogs are better behaved than you. I have lots of members in fast food. And in retail. None of them deserve to have you as a colleague.

People are judging you because you have an appalling attitude.

If I were an employer id hope that the interview process would pick up on your insecurities, of which you have many and lack of people skills, as you have shown here with your rant.

You need to engage a social filter

No you aren't. Dogs are better behaved than you. I have lots of members in fast food. And in retail. None of them deserve to have you as a colleague.

I would be a great colleague. But I don't need to work in fast food. I would love working in a supermarket or a hotel or something. Just not fast food. I just don't know why i can't get anything other. Even primark rejected me

You really need to heed the advice that you have been given multiple times. You need help, and not the kind of help that is available on these forums. You need to speak to someone who can help you manage your anger and your attitude. Until you do those things, there is no reasonable prospect of you gaining or retaining any employment of any kind. 

You have been told this on multiple sites for well over a year, possibly even two years. It may not be the advice you want, but it is the only advice that will actually help you. 

Your best option, if you are for real and if you genuinely wish to have a future, is to consult with the mental health services, who will be able to support you in examining the way you interact with people, your tendency towards violent and abusive responses, and your inability to manage your expectations. The bottom line here is that you will never get what you want unless you address the problem of yourself.

That was said with the best of intentions. I have said it to you before. Others have said it to you. I doubt you will listen, but whatever.... you asked for a chance, and “a chance” is about you changing, not everybody else.

• Thanks 1

you have dismissed entire employment sectors without knowing anything about them or the peopel who wrok there. i posted on your other thread that my son worked for maccyd's when he was at college. He is now an architect. My daughter worked fro Wimpy and is now an accountant. i employed dozens of studentsa to work behind bar and in the servery of my club, I was grateful for their input and suffered less losses from dishonesty than I did will full time staff over the decades. Generally apart form the money at the time they found that a decent reference was the most useful thing they gained from the experience. Working with others, both taking orders and working on own initiative, dealing with customers of all sorts, handling money and high value stock etc. That looks better on your CV than a lot of the part-time supermarket job roles can ever do. Yes, the bigger companies wont give you free rein to use your initiative but show you are reliable and they will want to keep you.

with regard to your other issues, if you cant talk to your doctor there is access to mental health services offered via most colleges so just pluck up the courage to ask for help