Job at university

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome samthefootball,

What sort of work have you done before ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Is there a reason for not wanting to work at KFC.

I would think if you can go to college you shouldn't have too many problems attending an interview at McDonalds, when you applied I take it you were going to go to the interviews but changed your mind a short time before.

I'm afraid that this poster has been banned multiple times on other sites for serious abuse of other posters. This exact same post and user name was on another site earlier this week but has now disappeared - given the abuse that had already occurred on that thread and that fact, I assume they have been banned again.

I have never been clear whether they are mentally ill or a troll, but either way, they need help. My advice to them is to seek that help elsewhere in the real world.

Lets not dwell on other sites. If it happens here, then admin can deal with it. Until then....

OP, is there a reason you were scared to go to maccies? because supermarket etc interviews are usually a little tougher as some do a personality test. Where maccies usually hire if you make the interviewer smile and get on well with them.

• Haha 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well i was worried what people would think a person my age 26 working at mcdonalds for their first job and because I need to go to some uni open days to decide which one to pick how they would feel about letting a 26year old man off for that and if they would tease me :sad::-(

maccys are very good.

i know a 34yrs old that had never worked in his life.

he's now thanks to them supporting him in the in between years there inc uni etc running his own business that he'd always dreamed of doing.

'people' there will not know your history unless you tell them.

and whats discussed with your manager doesn't go down the line unless you blab to co-workers.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you considered Access To Work? https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work

They do have links to organisations which specifically deal with mental health conditions in the workplace (Remploy is one that immediately springs to mind) and may be able to help in getting you a new job or may be able to give advice or support for a job interview.

We all have to start somewhere and most decent employers will look favourably on someone who wants to better themselves, even if 'bettering yourself' is having a reason to get out of bed in the morning to start with. I'm also sure your voluntary experience will come in handy.

Good luck in your job venture.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

The problem is though i am going to have to leave for uni in September so how will they feel about that

they don't need to know until you hand in your notice. Fast food places expect a lot of staff to be with them for just six months.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

just fib a little. Say you want to make a go of it and you put as much effort in as possible.

You get the job, and the first they know about you leaving is when you hand in your notice a week before you leave

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

And what sort of things do you learn at fast food

kitchen hygiene, following a process, demonstrating reliability, customer service, team work

the reliability, team work and the customer service will be useful in almost every other job

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!