robinson way chasing wifes old debt in her maiden name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

You all helped me out many years ago and really appreciated it.

Today my wife received a letter from Robison Way stating that they have been appointed for HFUKH2L (Ex HPH Ltd).

She did have debts going back years ago but dealt with them .

She has no idea what this debt is for as it doesn't state what company she supposed to owe and even so her debts were well over 6 years ago

surely they are statute barred.

We have also moved properties in the mean time and the debt has her maiden surname on it as well.

Just wondering whether we should reply in any way or not .

Thanks in advance 

Oldwivesdebt

Ignore them. If they have not provided enough information, this is just a fishing letter. No doubt further letters will be received and they may provide more info.

in the meantime, she should check her credit record, just in case anything is noted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

send them our statute barred letter in the debt collection section of the library

you need to protect against backdoor CCJ's which they will do if they don't get a response.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's what I was worrying about . I know from past experience how these people work but that was from a long time ago. might have thought things might have changed to stop them doing things like that .

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to robinson way chasing wifes old debt in her maiden name

they may choose to pretend to ignore the SB letter but you can bet your bottom dollar they wont try court because they knw that they will only get a costs order against them fro unreasonable conduct rather than a cash settlement.

It is not uncommon for these troglodytes to ignore the law on debt collection because they (a) wnat the money and (b) wont get punished for being naughty

They might continue to ask for payment saying although they cannot sue for the cash she has a moral obligation to pay them, at which point a Cease and Desist letter might be appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Youve sent the sb letter

dont enter stupid letter tennis!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

One way you might hear something is if they sell the debt on , they get the same treatment SB letter if it did happen.  They should give up if they know, that you know is SB so unenforceable.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!