Credit solutions and barclaycard debt

tonycee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all. On the 13th Dec 2006 i wrote to barclays regarding copies of my bank statements,i followed the advised proceedure to the letter,but todate 126 days later i still have not received them. i have since followed up my original request with 3 written reminders,and 5 phone calls. allthough they are very polite and keep promising copies within 14 days. NOTHING. any suggestions please. :confused: :-? :-? :-? :-? thanx.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum.

Dont let the banks take charge.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advide.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

Guest louis wu

Hello,

Well, they are definately giving you the run around.

Apart from writing letters till doomsday, the only sure way to get your statements is to threaten court action, and then maybe enforce that action.

There is a letter in the library that you should consider sending, without knowing the full story, I suggest it would be letter 3 (but have a read and decide which one fits the bills)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

That should grab their attention, but if they still don't supply the statements, then it may be time to proceed with court action to get them. It has been done before, and they have not conformed with the DPA so they should want to avoid going to court at all costs.

One thing I should say, did you supply the £10 fee to ensure they complied? If not, then you will probably have to start again. Post a few more details as to what you have asked for, and how you have asked for it. They have responded, so it proves they have recieved your letters, but to take court action, you need to have done it right.

Iff the worst come to the worst, you will have to start again (but as you will get it all back in the end, just think of it as a savings account thats earning even more interest). At best you will put serious presure on them to comply.

Louis

dear all..forgive my ignorance,but reading through your threads,am i right in assuming that i can claim back charges from Barclaycard,just as with Barclays bank. i hope this is case and do i go about it in the same way ? another 2 grand sounds good to me. thanx.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Tony

Welcome to CAG

Yes-claim exactly the same way for both.

But be prepared for a wait as Barclaycard in particlular seem to be taking forever in sending out statements on the back of the SAR requests.

Might be an idea to rename the thread Tonycee V Barclays so it can be picked up easier.

Good luck

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello lovely people. I need a little advice over a debt to barclaycard, now handled by Credit Solutions. Basically i owe them approx 70% of what i am claiming back off them in charges. .I emailed them and explained the situation that i was not prepared to pay them anymore money while they are blatantly ignoring my SARS X 2. I have now received a letter threatening court action if i dont pay in full. Allthough im not at all bothered by their letters (got the tee shirt) i was just wondering if anybody could suggest the wording of my next letter to the to put the demand on hold for as long as possible. Any advice would be appriciated.

Many Thanks.:???: :???: :???:

Thanx Gizmo 111. I dont think i explained myself very well, so i will try again.

I had 2 bank accounts with Barclays, prelim letters for £ 4,000 went off on 28 th April .SARS took 127 days to reply. No probs on move.

I had 2 accounts with Barclaycard, I owe them approx £ 3,000 but am still waiting for replies to SARS. i believe i ill be owed twice what they are claiming from me. I will send off non compliace letters ASAP but my general question was, how do i keep Credit Solutions from my door for as long as poss. Many Thanx..

Hi there

Send them a letter advising them that the account is in dispute. While an account is in dispute they cannot take any legal action against you. Also advise them that the account has been in dispute since the date you sent off the SAR and that they should not have received any information relating to you.

Have a look at the OFTs guidelines on debt collection and there is a clause there that backs this statement up ie while a debt is in dispute etc., etc.,

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Gemspan

Thanx Gemspan. Am looking right now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, Barclaycard have passed my account on to Credit Solutions who despite being informed that the amount is in dispute, have now given me 7 days to pay full amount or take me to court.

Can anyboby point me to a link where there may be a letter i can send off to delay/prevent their actions. My eyes have gone square looking, or i maybe just to thick to see it for myself, any advice would be grateful. Thanx..

Thank you sir, i appreciate your help but sent off cca request to Barclaycard on 28 April.. Sent off copies of all corespondents to CS, just seems to be falling on deaf ears..

Okay tony, they have now defaulted and until they present you with a copy of the agreement you can withold any payment towards the account. The threat of court action is just a bluff, however in order to know which of your many rights they are attempting to walk all over you may wish to read this Debt Help UK : Administration of Justice Act 1970 | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanx rory32. I am allready witholding anymore payments as i believe Barclays & Barclaycard owe me more than i allegedly owe them.

I will send off copy of CCA request to CS again 2morrow.

Just an afterthought. What happens if copy of CCA turns up in post 2morrow ? ? ?

Then post the copy of the agreement on here (scan it in if you can). There are a number of was the agreement could be unenforceable as laid out in The Consumer Credit Act 1974 sections 60 & 61 (1). Very few agreements actually do conform.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Tony,

If you want to have a bit of fun with them, you could write to them something along these lines (just parrott the approach and general language they use):

Without Prejudice

Pre Litigation Department

You are hereby given notice that your account is currently in default.

I do not see any lawful reason why you would withhold a copy of the executed credit agreement. Please bring this account up to date as a matter of urgency......blah, blah, blah.

Yours sincerely

Thanx rory. With 5 account claims on the go approaching £10k my head is just spinning. i will however scan and post the CCA if it arrives soon. please keep a look out. Thanx again.

Hi . Got home to find a com slip from Barclaycard PO BOX 5592 Northampton NN4 1YZ, with my cheque enclosed for £ 20.

I requsted SARS on 2 accounts on 28 April, hence £ 20.

On the comp slip it reads Only £ 10 Required For The Information. but on the back of my cheque THEY had written BOTH my account numbers and a ref no of SHRR 3007..

I have had nothing but delays,delays,delays with claiming on 2 Barclays accounts,allthough i am only 7 days away from submitting my court claim on both.(£ 3,363.34p Yum Yum)

Has anybody got any suggestions other than returning the cheque with and explaination and trying not to be sarcastic. Thanx

Hi Tonycee, lol got exactly the same myself to-day after I had sent a cheque for £22 on behalf of my daughter for cca and Sar's - also on two accounts, sent letter back quoting two account numbers again with £10 and reminded them that the clock is ticking, even though they had a stamp with 14/5 on it, I have track and trace for 3/5 - they sent only one application form in reply to the cca too, so we replied with severe letter not acknowledging debt - template letters - under properly executed agreements - good luck matey, remember they should only have 47 days at the most for the SAR and then you can report them and take further action!

• 2 weeks later...

Sent the cheque back the next day with a letter stating it was for 2 accounts and hoped this wouldnt be used as a reason for not supplying statements within 40 days......

Got home today to find a duplicate set of statements going back to June 2004 with the same Blah Blah letter offered as a reason for the delay and how Blah they Blah need more Blah Blah time

Does anyone else find Barclaycard trying, so are trying..