BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi,   Thanks for your reply.   Firstly I asked several times for a refund closer to the time I enrolled on the course and was told I could not have one due to the center paying for the course upfront. I did make it very clear that I was struggling with the course, however due to the center not being open when I could attend that I would not be able to finish it, also that due a change in job role I would be unable to make days when the center was open. However given that the center advertised several times it would be open late and on a weekend this was not honoured several times and yes I have a detailed log of this.    The entire cost of the course was over £3700 - I can get back to you with the exact amount once I am home as I have kept the recites   There was also an incident with the Sage course due to it having to be studied within the classroom - when I was able to get into the venue the package was not working and also the obvious reason for the center being closed.   The course was conducted via mixed methods, however when trying to complete the training online their system was not working, so could not be accessed whilst I was trying to study at home. I did phone the center about this at the time, however this was not remedied.   Thanks
    • First of all you should understand that this is going to be difficult – partly because you have left it so long, partly because of their franchise system it is very difficult to pin them down and finally because you have already said yourself that some of the reason for not completing the course is because of your own mental/emotional state. Your poor health at the time was very unfortunate – and I'm very sorry about that – but that is not something that you will be able to rely upon if you attempt to recover any money. In fact it would be in your best interests not to refer to this. Have you already brought this up with them? Could you please tell us how much the entire course cost. Also, you will need to give a fairly detailed chronology of the listed class times and the times that they were closed without giving you notice. We need to understand what impact these are notified closures had upon the total amount of allocated time. Was the course conducted mostly online or was it conducted with face-to-face contact at their classrooms?
    • Further update when I asked for contact details of a manager from their head office and explained I had already been intouch with the franchise manager:    
    • perhaps this is the point at which I I should intruduce the NTK and POFA arguments  suggested by ericsbrother  
    • Hi agree please see update from Pitman customer support below:   The Pitman centres are all franchise businesses so individually owned businesses, any refund would need to be sought from the centre that you paid the money to.   Of course we are sorry to hear about your personal circumstances, howeve, you have purchased the diploma three years ago, generally students complete the diploma within 12 months. You haven’t said which centre you purchased the diploma from but I would  say after 3 years  I would tend to agree with the centre in that you would not be entitled to a refund.   Kind Regards Claire  absolutely appalling treatment DO NOT GO WITH PITMAN!!!!  
  • Our picks

tonycee

Lowells / Vodafone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 295 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A bit of advice please. 

I took out a mobile broadband contract with Vodafone through Currys PC World approx. 14 months ago.

I took out the agreement on the understanding that, like other providers i had used, I would not be allowed to go over the agreement data usage limited without authority.

After about 3 weeks of usage they blocked my account and tried to charge me about £200 for over limit data usage at £26 per gig. 

I have asked Lowells, who have bought the disputed debt, I never heard back from Vodafone about my complaint,  for a copy of the signed agreement that shows the cost of the hidden charges. I would never have signed up if I had known the cost.

Lowells say they don't have to provide anything and are going to resume pursuit of this debt.

I have no fear of these people.

I guess my question is, do they have the right to pursue a debt without proving the debt exists.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm yes they can pursue but its your choice whether you wish to reciprocate or ignore them....have you retained documentation to confirm this dispute with VF ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy.

Yes. If years of being on here has taught me one thing, its to keep the evidence...LOL...

On trading standards advice, I downloaded their complaints form and sent a copy to Vodafone, and hand delivered a copy to Currys, where I took out the agreement.

I don't have a problem with pursuit / defence, that's what they do. I have 2 problems.

1. If you got your new car home from the showroom and a month later they sent you a hidden mileage charge, would you accept it?

2. How can anybody claim a debt if they cant prove it ? 

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As you probably know Mobile Accounts are service agreements and not regulated by the CCA1974.......so your going to struggle to get hold of any agreement if there is an agreement because normally the account is activated on insertion of the sim and use...so you accept their T&Cs and form the agreement simply by using the service.

As for proof....should Lowell decide to litigate and issue a claim form they would rely on the usual  copies of statements etc and the balance of probabilities argument...but given that you have retained proof of the dispute your well armed with a defence should this happen.

I personally would not engage and simply file all their  usual waffle until such time you receive a Pre Action Protocol letter or letter before action...then you can put them to strict proof..but in reality you shouldn't need to if you have a genuine dispute unresolved by VF.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy. Your a star.

They keep asking for a copy and all the terms of my complaint with Vodafone. I keep telling them I will swap it for a copy of the agreement. It falls on deaf ears though, and we go back to square one.

One thing I struggle with is, if I don't get a copy of the terms and conditions prior to the sim card being inserted by the providing sales rep, how can I know that there are hidden charges even if I specifically stated I wanted to know the terms and charges, before purchasing.

I assumed there were trading standard conditions and comsumer rights to protect me from this sort of thing.

Thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How did you enter into this agreement ...online by phone or branch ?

I walked into my local Currys PC World store.

I was in between health issues, moving house, and had no other form of Internet,

I made it absolutely, categorically clear that I must not be allowed to go over the agreed limit as I was off sick and on benefits. I know this is an option as I have had it with other providers. I was reassured that I would receive a screenshot as I approached my limit, and be offered the chance to purchase more data.

This did not happen, and in approx. 3 days they want to charge me approx. £200 for excess data usage.

I will fight this tooth and nail, but need to be sure of my rights. Trading standards say I have a case on the basis of being mis sold, but they are not as helpful as you guys on here.   

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]