How to Amend?substitute a Witness Statement.Blemain Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes of course;

Court directions state that 

1. Evidence of fact to be dealt with as follows;

All witnesses must serve on all other parties signed statements of themselves and any other witness on whom they intend to rely on inc civil evidence act notes......etc.

Paragraph 4

Witness statements must;

a.        Start with the case and claim number

b.        Start with the full name and address of the Witness

c.       Set out the witness statement clearly in numbered paragraphs on numbered pages;

d.       End with this paragraph ‘I believe the facts in this witness statement are true.

e.       Be signed by the witness and dated.

f.        No permission was given for expert evidence

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they are referring to ...

d.       End with this paragraph ‘I believe the facts in this witness statement are true. ?

So why are you in breach of the directions ?

With regards to CPR there is nothing about content being in breach..providing its truthful and relevant to the defence.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part32#32.2

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part32/pd_part32

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Probably replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.  <<<<  follow the link 

• 2 weeks later...

Threads merged please do not start new threads on the same topic.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The other side are saying that I completed my Witness statement wrong in that I headed it Defence/Counterclaim and not a witness statement-and I will not be able to rely on this in court. I just wanted someone to advise which was the best way to proceed. 

Thanks.

Simply submit a corrected one and file and serve.Add a covering note to the courts copy and ask they replace.Its not a major problem and Lips are allowed to make errors

Thank you thats helpful ...and is this connected to the following thread ?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416381-unfair-contract-terms-act-1977-business/?tab=comments#comment-4986320

Andy

• AndyOrch changed the title to How to Amend?substitute a Witness Statement.Blemain Finance

Thank you,

I contacted the claimants asking if they were willing to accept a substituted WS. They refused and said that they have written to the court saying I am in breach of directions and that I now need the court's permission to re-issue a WS.

My question is do I need to send a copy of my application to the claimants or can I just apply to the court-then if/when permission is granted I then send a revised WS to the other side?

Thanks

Sorry, yes it is connected to the thread above

Threads merged......yet again ...one thread per same issue please.

Your not in breach of the court directions.....a simple error.....heading of WS incorrect and de minimis ...as per my post #24.

And stop contacting the claimant...the court give the directions not the claimant and you dont need to make an application for such a small error.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Telephone initially..the court will advise letter or an application...but normally Directions are usually ended with the court stating that failure to comply with their directions a party's defence or claim will be struck out of its own initiative.

See CPR 3 (3) and (4)

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part03#3.1

And why have you made application to amend/substitute your WS ?

Well I have already advised to ignore the claimant...the court runs the show with regards to claims not the claimant and your application was pointless as you could have just submitted a supplemental statement with new information and saved yourself the hearing fee of £255.

Can only advise so far but if your not willing to listen.......

Thank you. I did listen, but the court advised me to submit an application to resubmit, which I did and the judge must have given it merit or they would not have scheduled a hearing. I do appreciate your help, but I also did not want to go against what the court advised. 

• 1 month later...

Connected to the above.  In 2005 I took a Commercial Mortgage out which is unregulated. The mortgage offer had no terms & conditions attached-the lender says there are no copies of any conditions attached to this offer and that is irrelevant as the Mortgage deed supersedes this. Also, the Mortgage Offer was not signed by the Lender, and since 2005 no annual statement has been provided. Can anyone precisely off any advice on the ramifications of this? Thank you

And this is Blemain Finance ? 

Was it a pure Commercial Mortgage ...no occupancy ?