CRS and More Than Smart Wheels insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months back, I cancelled my insurance with More Than Smart wheels. This was resolved over phone/emails with More than and they refunded me money for the deposit. I have an email from them that confirmed this.

On Saturday, I received a text from CRS saying they've been instructed by More than to receive 79.85 from me. I'm confused as to why.

At the moment, I've sent an email to more than asking them about the issue. How far is this likely to escalate? I'm definitely not paying CRS over a text message.

How long is a piece of string?

Ignore CRS and continue to deal with More Than, let them sort out their mess.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

More than responded saying they did pass on my details as I had an outstanding payment. I'm confused though as I have the documents they sent to me confirming the cancellation and the bank statements which show they refunded me money.

I've asked why the outstanding balance exists and sent them my new address as they mentioned they would send a letter. 

Yes make sure address is up to date, avoids the risk of backdoor CCJ

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I plan to. I emailed More than back telling them to refer to previous communication where they cancelled the policy and sent them the certificate of cancellation they issued. I asked for a statement of payments and refunds. This was sent yesterday morning, I've yet to get a response from them. 

They do seem really bad at communicating and seem to do some shady stuff with customers. THey have mixed reviews on Trust pilot but I suspect the good ones will be ones their marketing team will invite selected customers too. Looked on their facebook page which is rife with complaints. Rated 1.8 out of 5. Looked on different websites online with similar results. So, doesn't look like this will be sorted out easily. 

I've also sent CRS the certificate and communication with More than stating they have cancelled and refunded. Yet to hear anything back from them either.

Please ignore CRS, they have absolutely zero interest in what More Than have or haven't done, the blame lies solely with MT, plus you're in danger of giving CRS delusions of grandeur and making them think that they do a meaningful worthwhile job.

Add to MT's appalling customer feedback on social media, FB Twitter and wherever else they like to drum up business.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yeah I've looked around and gathered ignoring CRS is the best thing to do. I don't expect a reasonable response from them and following the next I won't respond. 

Already done Facebook, don't have a twitter account but I might make one just to add to it. 

Just now, Dickinson95 said:

Already done Facebook, don't have a twitter account but I might make one just to add to it. 

Always worth a Tweet, you'll be surprised at just how quickly they respond and beg for forgiveness!

So More Than have said that they refunded me 79.85 on the basis that I pay them 79.85 for an installment payment. They didn't receive this so sent the details off to CRS as an outstanding payment. 

I looked back through the emails, this was not stated or agreed upon by either parties. 

They didn't send me statement of proof as requested.