Advice and help needed! Moving abroad.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

It took me some time to make this decision, but I believe this is the best I can do from what I have in my hands at the moment.

I've been in a relationship where I was not only the bread winner but also an ATM. We were never officially married, but I was paying for all the major bills and all and any debts were made under my name. My ex-girlfriend with which I shared the last 8 years of my life left me and does not want any contact with me. She does not accept any responsibility for any of the debts that we have incurred together during all those years.

I'm exhausted and I don't have the energy nor the money to fight "for my rights" and to prove her wrong. As far as I know she has already started a new life with someone else, which only make things more difficult in terms of having a decent and an adult conversation.

She's from the UK and I'm from Brazil. I want to go back to my country and be with my family, I'm exhausted and I cannot deal with this situation alone.

Provided that I can find a job in Brazil I'm willing to pay my debts, but this may take some time.

I've read some other threads here where people have been advised to inform their creditors about their new address. My concern is if I do that I'll only be transferring the problem over to a new place.

My debts as follows:

13K unsecured loan with Natwest

23K unsecured loan with Natwest

5K with Amex

At the moment I'm using all my income to pay for these debts. I'm not in arrears. But it is still 6 years until they are fully paid off. Some months I go into my overdraft to make ends meet, then in the next month I need to stay at home doing nothing as I cannot afford to spend any extra pound. This is taking a toll on my health.

What should I do if I go back to Brazil? Should I inform my creditors? I haven't approached them yet as I'm scared. I want to pay my debts, but I also want to have a life and be close to my family. She was my family for 8 years and I was strong when she was around. Now I can't do this on my own.

I would appreciate any advice.

simple ans...just go..

if you wish to inform them

that's your moral stance and ofcourse you should do this as otherwise its debt avoidance which cag cannot condone....

but in all reality there is nothing they can do to you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as said, your moral duty to pay these debts is there but your legal duty isnt enforceable once to leave the EU and dont settle in one of the few countries where the law is reciprocal.

What would I do in your circumstance? plan your future back home without considering any of these. If you cant pay the full amount each month without getting into further financial trouble then let them worry about the debt and not you