• Tweets

• What is the name of the window cleaning business? Have you taken photographs of the dirty windows et cetera?
    • i would suggest that you stick to researching on here only. use our search top right for say CTAX or liability order.   you seriously have some wild theories, but those are understandable.   as i have said, there won't be a court hearing you need nor would that help you at all nor are expected to attend, it's not like that, it's merely a rubberstamp exercise .   there is no right of forced entry for bailiffs collecting CTAX debts. the bailiff process is one of a letter which will be entitled Notice of enforcement, this gives you 7 days to pay the sum it outlines with an associated fee of £75 for it being sent. the 2nd step will be a visit, you have no legal remit to engage with them at all, i i would not do so under any circumstances, that visit will add a further £235 fee those are the only things a bailiff can do. the most they can charge is a total of £310.   police do not ever get involved in civil matters like CTAX debt. not sure where you ever got that idea from.   its saturday now so use the W/end wisely, get reading up HERE ONLY it might well pay you on monday to go RING the council CTAX dept and plead poverty etc etc. it might also pay you to find the email address or even better phone number of your local MP and get him involved. they can do wonders.   dx 
    • NPAP see here: VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - no stopping - London Southend Airport ***Claim Dismissed*** - Page 7 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group
    • Hi Stu and dx1000uk,   I have done the online assessment and as I suspected I already receive the maximum benefits available to me.   Yes I was referring to the fact that some times I know that non-payment of council tax can lead to imprisonment so thanks for clarifying.   let's say I can't make their demands for payment and they do send bailiffs in, I assume these are the type of bailiffs I can just not let in and then after a certain amount of attempts they give up right? does the council then not send the police round? This is what I can't work out and worries me.   The council already know that I am struggling and can't make the payments but when do I get my chance to tell a court or the police that it's not that I don't want to pay but that I can't pay?    Walshy
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 670 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Tonight I went to get the kids some bits from ASDA,

I’d finished work my husband picked me up and I realised I’d left my card at home

I walked out with the clothes and the security guard caught me

I ran to the car

my husband and kids were there

I gave the security guard the items

he took down my husbands registration number

I’m so worried

my husband isn’t speaking to me because he can’t understand why I did this, I don’t know why I did this.  

Should i I expect the police

I’m so worried

I feel so guilty and will never do it again

I work in retail and hate shoplifting and tonight I’ve done this.

If anyone has any advice please help

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect people will be along later with advice about what happened today.

I would like to start by saying that if you don't know why you shoplifted then it would be a good idea to talk to your GP who won't judge you. It could be that there's something going on with you that made you do what you did.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

nothing will come of it as the zero powers security guards have no access to anyones personal data

ASDA could report this to the police

but in all honesty, they got the stuff back ...so pers id forget it ever happened now.

tell you husband to stop being a numpty and wise up and support you rather than making you feel worse about something that will go nowhere.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hope so I’m just so worried

I feel like crying asking him to take me back to ASDA buying the things and apologising,

I wouldn’t mind some of the items were sale stuff I should have left them at customer services and gone and got my bank card.

The security guard did say your not coming back in here ever again but I don’t understand why he took the registration of my husbands car I’m so worried 

I would simply forget it ever happened no need to avoid the store either.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reassurance, I’m just so worried that the police will come round the security guard didn’t take my details just the car reg I don’t want my husband to get into trouble for something he didn’t do and he’s still fuming with me. Why the hell did I do it 😞😞

please read carefully what I have said before on the above

and they

As DX says try not to worry - even IF the police were contacted by Asda they would most likely not follow it up. The most likely reason for the guard taking the numberplate details would be to enter it on some sort of store reporting system. Details of incidents are logged purely for internal use and they might just cross check to make sure that other stores haven't reported the same type of incident with your car being used - it also helps the guarding contractor (stores mainly use outside security companies nowadays) to justify their existence in terms of actually stopping a theft. As an isolated incident however I very much doubt that you will hear any more about this, but (and I know you probably won't) don't be tempted to try this again as it could have ended up being worse than it has

• Thanks 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks so much I will never ever do this again, I still haven’t had a call from the police I really don’t know what I was thinking. 1st and last time it’s not worth the guilt my anxiety is so bad now I keep thinking they are going to call round to the house. 

so you panicked about not having your payment card and then threw the items into the hands of the security bod when you were challenged.

the store has made no loss so the most likely thing they will do is look at their CCTV and make an internal decision to ban you should you go back there in the near future. they may match the car reg to the CCTV but wont be asking for any further info from the DVLA as they wont be able to prove the keeper and the person doing a runner are in any way one and the same. this give them nowhere else to go with the info they currently have so you dont go back there again for at least 6 months and that way you dont suffer the embarrassment of the store manager telling you that you are barred.

if this remains a one-off then I wouildnt worry too much about it and try and get your husband to understand it was just panic. If you start to suffer from panic attacks for other reasons or in similar places them see your doctor, esp if you drive

• Thanks 1