Got caught shoplifting please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tonight I went to get the kids some bits from ASDA,

I’d finished work my husband picked me up and I realised I’d left my card at home

I walked out with the clothes and the security guard caught me

I ran to the car

my husband and kids were there

I gave the security guard the items

he took down my husbands registration number

I’m so worried

my husband isn’t speaking to me because he can’t understand why I did this, I don’t know why I did this.  

Should i I expect the police

I’m so worried

I feel so guilty and will never do it again

I work in retail and hate shoplifting and tonight I’ve done this.

If anyone has any advice please help

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect people will be along later with advice about what happened today.

I would like to start by saying that if you don't know why you shoplifted then it would be a good idea to talk to your GP who won't judge you. It could be that there's something going on with you that made you do what you did.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

nothing will come of it as the zero powers security guards have no access to anyones personal data

ASDA could report this to the police

but in all honesty, they got the stuff back ...so pers id forget it ever happened now.

tell you husband to stop being a numpty and wise up and support you rather than making you feel worse about something that will go nowhere.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hope so I’m just so worried

I feel like crying asking him to take me back to ASDA buying the things and apologising,

I wouldn’t mind some of the items were sale stuff I should have left them at customer services and gone and got my bank card.

The security guard did say your not coming back in here ever again but I don’t understand why he took the registration of my husbands car I’m so worried 

I would simply forget it ever happened no need to avoid the store either.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reassurance, I’m just so worried that the police will come round the security guard didn’t take my details just the car reg I don’t want my husband to get into trouble for something he didn’t do and he’s still fuming with me. Why the hell did I do it 😞😞

please read carefully what I have said before on the above

and they

As DX says try not to worry - even IF the police were contacted by Asda they would most likely not follow it up. The most likely reason for the guard taking the numberplate details would be to enter it on some sort of store reporting system. Details of incidents are logged purely for internal use and they might just cross check to make sure that other stores haven't reported the same type of incident with your car being used - it also helps the guarding contractor (stores mainly use outside security companies nowadays) to justify their existence in terms of actually stopping a theft. As an isolated incident however I very much doubt that you will hear any more about this, but (and I know you probably won't) don't be tempted to try this again as it could have ended up being worse than it has

• Thanks 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks so much I will never ever do this again, I still haven’t had a call from the police I really don’t know what I was thinking. 1st and last time it’s not worth the guilt my anxiety is so bad now I keep thinking they are going to call round to the house. 

so you panicked about not having your payment card and then threw the items into the hands of the security bod when you were challenged.

the store has made no loss so the most likely thing they will do is look at their CCTV and make an internal decision to ban you should you go back there in the near future. they may match the car reg to the CCTV but wont be asking for any further info from the DVLA as they wont be able to prove the keeper and the person doing a runner are in any way one and the same. this give them nowhere else to go with the info they currently have so you dont go back there again for at least 6 months and that way you dont suffer the embarrassment of the store manager telling you that you are barred.

if this remains a one-off then I wouildnt worry too much about it and try and get your husband to understand it was just panic. If you start to suffer from panic attacks for other reasons or in similar places them see your doctor, esp if you drive

• Thanks 1