Wright Hassall for Cabot Letter - unknown debt - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

Wonder if anyone can help me?

My husband has received a letter this morning from Wright Hassall solicitors stating they are acting for Cabot finanical

and are responsible for receiving future payments and he needs to contact the to arrange a repayment plan or fill in the expenditure form they have included (nothing has been enclosed)

We have no no idea what this is concerning as we have no bad debt and haven’t done for about 7-8 years. The only thing we can think of is, back then we were in financial hardship and we CCA’d a couple of credit cards and they couldn’t come up with signatures so we stopped paying. After a year or so we didn’t hear from them again. 

We moved 3 years ago and if it is to do with them, 

1. How didn’t they get our new address

2. Can they now chase for the debt after all these years?

3. If we ignore will we end up with Bailiffs on our doorstep?

All the anxiety we had all those years ago have come flooding back. They do know how to ruin ones weekend!! 

TIA  

If there has no acknowledgement of the debt  or any payment for the last 6 years they will be Statute Barred, there is a danger of them trying for a backdoor CCJ using your old address They would need a CCJ to send a bailiff, and if a Debt collector turned up you can safely tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, as they have less power than next door's cat.

Have they provided account numbers etc?

You could send them a letter stating the accounts and det is Statute Barred so unenforceable, likely was anyway if they didn't come up with anything from the CCA.  SB doean't mean the debt is deat, it means they cannot take action to enforce or claim in County Court.

Sure other Caggers will be along later with more advice and options.

Above all do not stress out about this it can be sorted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

is this a pre action protocol letter of claim from a solicitor with a response pack with an I&E enclosed?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good point DX If so  Statute Barred may be way to go Could you post up a pdf of the letter please?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi DX, there was no I&E enclosed even though the letter said there is. 

Hi Brassneck, no account number or any clue what this is in relation too so the mind boggles, I’m guessing it’s from years back as it’s definitely not anything in the past 7 years as we have been debt free since getting into trouble. 

If i take a photo with my phone will I be able to post that up on here? 

Thanks

read upload

lets see the letter

PDF only please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Looks like it's a "We've found you" letter they say that they "May" refer to Cabot for further instructions,  Were there any account numbers provided or just this letter?  The Statute barred letter from the CAG library could be an option.

• dx100uk changed the title to Wright Hassall for Cabot Letter - unknown debt - help please

taken that down

dont leave ref numbers showing for your security..CAG is ANON remember

id write to cabot simply referring to that number and with your new address.

nothing more

can you go get his credit file and check anything shows cabot owning a debt now.

dx

and they

So  debt

deffo pre 2013

send them this:

and they

reason the letter is so vague is because they have done a trawl of every "A Smith" they can find and have sent out this letter to the most likely on to see what happens. They may well send out another more generic letter to all of the A Smiths in the county next, inviting them to admit or deny being the person they are after.

I wouldt waste a stamp on them at this juncture but wait and see what they want to try next. they may drop themselves in it as far as data protection goes so read everything they write very carefully and dont provide them with anything becasue they will just add that to their database and make the picture match the dots they have rather than sullpy facts for themselves.

other companies do teh same when it comes to debt, BT being the worst example I know