Letter From Shop Direct FInance Company -PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,
Looking for some advise

I have received a very strange letter from shop direct finncial group.

it goes on to say that I had made a previous complaint about PPI and they rejected it ,

but i can make another siting a new ruling , and invites me to do it.

big problem is ,
I have never made a PPI claim with them or any one else for that matter  ,

since this came I have had a look at a free credit report to see that they have made a " Beneficiary trace enquiry" against both my previous addresses .

so dont know what this is all about.

I had one of theur catalog accounts about 12 years ago,

turned out that when i wasnt even living in the UK they had applied a massive debt on to it (thousands of pounds) and had sent letters,

as soon as i got to know i contacted them

turned out that it was some item they said was purchased on the account

( i had not used the account for years even before i left -thought it was closed),

as it was i had already left the country  more than a year ago to the date stated

i made it clear i could categorically prove this ,

after a few months they said they had made a mistake and closed the account after removing the said balance.

is it possible that they are somehow trying to pin this on me again using PPI excuse?

seeing as I never claimed any way.

thanks.

P.s : it must be said I did have a couple of defaulted debts (not with these guys or any mail order)

it was 2 credit cards,

after i left the country they had been sending letters my previous house mates had returned all ,

i never contacted them or paid, eventfully after 6 years they fell off my data and all of them are close to 12 years with out any sort of contact anyway .

P.s : it must be said I did have a couple of defaulted debts (not with these guys or any mail order)

it was few credit cards (not 2) ...managed to settle a cople never contcted others in any way now all SB'd ..

it will be in regard to the plevin ruling on hidden commission they got back from the underwriters of the PPI policy they sold you [in simple terms - a backhander to them]

now yours is an interesting situation in a way, as the account balance turned out to be their mistake by the sound of it, so effectively they don't owe you anything.

now they could have sold this on to a dca and as you quite correctly say its donkeys years old and now statute barred anyway...but if you did accept the payment, it cant reset the SB , but most probably they'd buy the account back fron the dca and offset this refund against the debt, so you wont see anything.

up to you..it cant harm you, could put money in your pocket...after all..its was their mistake.. I cant see why you cant allow them to make two mistakes..🤣 

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply

dx100uk

my Only worry is is are they trying to say I re-set the "clock" seeing as they try to pin something on me before that wsnt mine ?

are they trying it on again ?

it is worded such as below ,important thing is I have never ever made a PPI complaint

"you Previously complained to us about our sale of your PPI policy .we rejected it ,in our view it was not mis-sold” and invites me to re-submit my “Complaint” .

so you can see I never did make a complaint in the first place!!!

,hence my apprehension they did try to pin something on me once that wasn't mine ,

im worried they are going to again by the wording

” you Complained previously about PPI

( meaning i accepted something? -perhaps?) . 

how come they still have these records anyway after all these years?

alternatively should i call and complain about the wording and the "beneficiary Trace inquiry" ?
ANy thoughts?

a PPI refund cant reset anything.

if they are offering you money, then id take it.

its not admittance even if the debt wasn't yours

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...