Erudio/drydens - PAP LOC - They have neither my address nor phone [poss SB]

June100
style="text-align: center;"> Β 

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the lastΒ 1689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Β 

Please click the "Report " link

Β 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

Β 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and moreΒ helpΒ 

Β 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm yet another victim of the govt loan sell off! πŸ™„

Β 

After years of smooth relations with SLC, the transition to Erudio (Red Arrow) was horrible.

Β 

I complained in 2014 about their handling and their refused my complaint and deferment info, although that same info had worked fine with SLC. I have honestly never been over the threshold and do too much volunteering to feel guilty about being too poor to repay.

Β 

Because of their aggressiveness, after phone calls etc, I decided in 2014 to ignore everything as a matter of principle.

Time went by and they were aggressively calling me.

I changed my number and eventually, address, but have access to my old post every now and again.

Β 

Their solicitors say I am obliged to fill in a series of forms within 30 days, as a Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims measure, and that they may take me to court if I do not. They stipulate that legal proceedings may be issued against me in a County Court and then I will be liable for legal fees as well.

Β 

I do not trust them one jot, and never wanted the loans in the first place, IΒ  remember at freshers fair being actually persuaded to take the loans even though I told them no, because I was brought up to live within my means. I was 18, what did I know?

Β 

My desperate Qs are:

Β 

- Can they do all this without my address and number?

The post has never been returned to them as undeliverable, but I could do that from now on.

Β 

- 6 years from 2014,

can I still inform them that the loan is statute barred

(I learned what that is from this forum, thank you!)

Is it to the exact month and day of the last contact I made with them, please,

and does it still work if they have in the meantime holding court proceedings against me, but without my interaction?

Β 

- Could they find me anyhow, and threaten to take away my everything?

I have never had a direct Debit with them or the SLC.

Β 

MANY THANKS FOR ANY HELP. Sleepless nights.

Β 

Ok since posting this I have answered one my own Qs by reading on here:

Β 

"If a creditor has already started court action before the end of the limitation period, this doesn’t apply – the debt will never become statute-barred or extinguished. "

Β 

Therefore they are going to rush this through, probably.

Β 

ok lots of wrong assumptions there and some of them are very dangerous to continue to follow/believe.

Β 

firstly.

you should never runaway from anyΒ  debt.

if you've moved and you have debts on your credit file and even some not showing, like this one, but within say 7yrs of your last payment/interaction AND you have never informed the current owner [even a dca/debt buyer] or the original creditor of your correct and current address......you must write to each one giving that info else you risk a backdoor ccj.

Β 

now erudio…[arrow global dca in sheeps clothing]

although a dca has zero legal powers

and areΒ 

NOT BAILIFFS

just like you or I if we think someone owes us money..can raise a court claim.

and that can be to the last known address, so you'd know nowt about It till court or HCEO's come a knocking.

Β 

you say you've never earned over the threshold ..so you should be ok

[and there is nothing to stop you sending backdated slc forms from this forum later]

Β 

but you MUST reply to the pap letter within 30 days of its date

what they have done is sent this to see if you reply

if not, as with many others here, they WILL go for a backdoor CCJ..its a phishing letterΒ 

Β 

what was the date of your last deferment?

Β 

then...read these threads and follow as appropriate.

Β 

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=erudio pap letter&oq=erudio pap letter&gs_l=partner-generic.12...0.0.1.11227.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.0jj1....34.partner-generic..17.0.0.Duay84yoStQ

Β 

Β 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marksΒ and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVERΒ  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β 

Thank you!

Β 

Last deferment was 2013 with SLC. Erudio refused all the info I gave them, which is what I had always supplied the SLC, saying they wanted more info.

Β 

Do I have to give the solicitors DD info? I really don't feel comfortable doing that. I read of countless Erudio mistakes with withdrawals. Am I no longer dealing with Erudio, I'd be happy with that.

Β 

I have to agree to some payment plan, in my dreams I'd like to dispute the loan entirely on the basis that it was pressed on my when I was teen, and I only defaulted when they sold my loans, otherise I'd be eligible for a cancellation of the debt within some years reaching 50 and always being under the threshold!

Β 

I'm going to read the thread. Thanks again.

So youve not contacted anyone since deferment in 2013..when did you send the form in EXACTLY please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...Β 

Hi,

I went through all my old papers.

I found a deferment from SLC dated 15th May 2012 saying my deferment period ended on 9/7/ 2012, plus a statement sent by them later that year. So I must have deferred that year.

Β 

I thought I must have deferred in 2013 but can't find anything.

Β 

I had some email correspondence with Erudio in May 2014,Β  in which they responded to my request in early May for a form and sent me the deferment form for 2014, and also contacted me by post later in June only to refuse my application for deferment and refuted my protest against their demands to be forced onto Direct Debit repayments.

Β 

I looked at the thread you sent me, it's well confusing and many acronyms.

Β 

I have about 7 more days to deal with this before the "Pre-Action" threat letter deadline from solicitors.

Β 

What does sending the CCA Request form achieve please?

Is it an recognition of your debt and therefore puts any hope of the loan being statute barred out of joint?

Β 

What is the difference from emailing them for a SAR?Β 

Β 

Also does the fact that my address has changed and I never told them put me in any vulnerable situation?

Β 

i see in this other thread you said to write to SLC< even though they no longer own the loan, to inform of new address.

Do I date and sign this letter, please?

Β 

I am going through the papers again in case I can find some 2013 docs in the meantime....

Β 

Β 

so the debt is statute barred then.

send them our SB letter forget the form return.

Β 

dx

Β 

and they

Well if that is true I'm defintely donating to this website!

Β 

Am turning boxes inside out to be sure there was no 2013 deferment, as am not sure 2012 was the last one.Β Β 

Β 

Q:Β  If I have corresponded with them since 2012, also asked for deferral forms direct from Erudio is that a recognition of my debt, cancelling the Statute Barred?

Β 

Would it be safer to send a SARΒ  - if I understand this means the "reply by 30 days or we make take court action" time frame is reset so buys me time - and also confirms at their expense the date of last referral?

Β 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING OUT THERE!

Edited by June100

No just send our sb letter

as with all the PAP erudio dryden pap letter threads here already

you must respond if not simply to give them your correct address

to stop a backdoor ccj..which is what this is all about

Β 

just type erudio dryden pap

in our custom google search box top left

and they

Thank you I will do.

Β 

"You have not communicated with the creditor admitting you owe the debt during the last six years."

Β 

What would be my course of action if they refute the SB letter, stating for example that since I applied to defer the loan in 2014 from Erudio direct, I admitted the debt and communication did not in fact break down.

Β 

Will I go to Financial Ombudsman for help at that point?

Β 

I'm not worried about credit scores, in future, just being harassed:

Β 

"The seven-year mark does not erase the actual debt, particularly if it's unpaid. You still owe your creditor even when the debt is no longer listed on your credit report. Creditors, lenders, and debt collectors can still use the proper legal channels to collect the debt from you. That includes calling you, sending letters, or garnishing your wages if the court has given permission. You can even be sued for a debt if your state’s statute of limitations for that debt is more than seven years."

Β 

Many thanks.

not sure where you got the last bit from..7?

Β 

just because you or they might have written in all effect makes little diff to if a debt IS SB'd or not,

unless you wrote a letter specifically saying hey yes I owe the money and you sign the letter as such admittance.

but yet again we've never seen a case here on any debt, let alone a gov't derived one whereby such a letter purely lost a case for a defendant.

Β 

its 6yrs in E&W, yes the debt still exists, just prevents a claimant from enforcing any judgement so they don't bother.

however if you don't know they've gone for a CCJ, they'll win by default as nothing is ever checked on undefended claims.

and that's WHY you must send 'something' with your new address on, so let that be the SB letter.

it cant harm you.

Β 

Β 

as with post 2 again lots of your assumptions and information is somewhat flawed

best to stick to cag eh?:lol:

and they

What you have quoted below is from a foreign country. The give away, is the last sentence which says about "yourΒ states".Β 

Β 

"Theο»ΏΒ seven-year mark does not erase the actual debt, particularly if it'sο»ΏΒ ο»Ώunpaid. You still owe your creditor even when the debt is no longer listed on yourΒ Β credit report. Creditors, lenders, andΒ Β debt collectorsΒ can still use the proper legal channels to collect the debt from you. That includes calling you, sending letters, orΒ garnishing your wagesΒ if the court has given permission. You can even be sued for a debt if yourΒ state’s statute of limitationsΒ for that debt is more than seven years."

Β 

Β 

Β 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Β 

Β Have we helped you ...?Β  Β  Β  Β  Β PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to the Consumer Action Group

Β 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks both, for the advice.

Β 

I've now sent the letter to the solicitors, with only digital signature and got proof of postage.... let's see!

• 1 month later...

Hi Y'all!

Here's an update on the Erudio-Drydens attack formula.

Β 

After I sent the above letter,Β  they replied in the first week of May to say they confirm receipt and my account is placed on temporary hold while they contact their client with details of the query.

Β 

NextΒ  I hear from this is yesterday, they send:

Β 

A copy of the original credit agreement

Copy of the notice of assignment

Copy of the fair processing notice

FAQs

Copy of the Goodbye Letter

Copies of the SLC and Erudio statements

Β 

"We ask that you now contact us to make payment, if you can't pay the 8-10,000 due by mid July please contact us and we'll agree a payment plan."

Β 

No mention of the SB letter.

Β 

I want to ring them with my number barred, and ask what happened to the response to my Statute Barred letter, but am worried they will trick me into something, or take that as a recognition of what they think I owe them.

Β 

Any advice please!

please don't ring them.

Β 

its not because it can reset anything..it cant ..phone conversations are not admittance

its purely because its a waste of time.

Β 

next move is not your.

and they

OK. So shall I write and say, where the hell is the response to my SB letter please?

Β 

Their latest letter gives me a deadline (soon) by which to pay the whole amount.

Β 

What if they deny receiving the SB letter?

Β 

Edited by June100
removing gif

next move is not yours.

Β 

dx

Β 

and they

• 1 month later...

stuff and all.

Β 

dx

Β 

and they

Now there hardly going to send you acknowledgement agreeing to your letter are they ?

Β 

And no your letter is not an acknowledgment of the debt.Β 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Β 

Have we helped you ...?Β  Β  Β  Β  Β PleaseΒ Donate buttonΒ to the Consumer Action GroupΒ -Β The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your TopicΒ please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/drydens - PAP LOC - They have neither my address nor phone [poss SB]