ROKO GYM MEMBERSHIP CANCELLED AND CRS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, 

I have seen other threads on this but they are dated a while back and wanted some advice. 

I signed up for a 3 month gym membership with ROKO in September, I was sold this by a member of the team as I was moving to London in December and so didn't need anything long term. I paid the 3 months and then when I was charged for a fourth month rang and asked them why and they said I needed to give a 3 month cancellation period and thus would have had to have cancelled the day I joined in order to have had a 3 month membership. This was NOT explained to me or else of course I would have done it. I ended the direct debit with my bank and thought nothing of it (I never had a copy of the contract to take home)

I since moved so the first contact I had with anyone regarding this matter was CRS debt collection who had sent a number of texts asking to call them which I thought was fraud and then an email stating I owe ROKO £238 of debt. Thats over £100 more than the 3 months worth of membership. 

Having read similar cases I can see that this is part of a ROKO contract, so it will be written on the contract I signed and so legally I am unsure where I stand on this now. Totally unjust for a gym to expect you to pay 3 months worth of gym membership after you no longer need it. Even more annoyed that I didn't hear about any of this until just now when I received my email and so I am assuming there were steps I could have taken before that wouldn't have been so costly had I have received said letters from ROKO.

The gym will now not talk to me directly, so I am wondering what the best course of action is.

best course of action? Ignore them.

as ab aside if you agreed a 3 moth no strings contract with a member of staff then that is the contract you have and the terms were individually negotiated so they trump the usual contract. i suspect they know this but will use bullying to try and get what they want- money fro nothing.

As they wont talk to you and you are going to ignore ther DCA then they wont get this money and you have done all you need to do legally to settle the matter so their loss (if they ever had a argument in the first place)

blacklist the DCA phone and email

Hi Galgalegg and welcome to CAG

I would expect the signed agreement to apply rather than what was discussed unless you have a recording of the discussion.

However the reality is that Harlands/CRS tend NOT to enforce their agreements. Also, the requirement for 3 month's notice for a 3 month agreement sounds unreasonable

Make sure Harlands/CRS have your current address so you always know what they're up to. Send them this by typed letter.

Ignore their demands that you pay or contact them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)