• Tweets

• hello   I was involved in an unpleasant incident at a company which I spotted was a regular thing happening there. It was not nice for me as I was mildly allergic, and I knew that it could have an even more negative reaction in some people. and so I had to do something to stop it.   I did not want to be aggressive in my response. I just said it was not malicious and tried to be helpful and reasonable, as there was risk of the same thing happening again to others, I was very helpful.   I was 'eventually' assured it would not happen again.   I thought I might be eligible for some form of compensation. They would not send me their policy’s when I asked.They would not discuss compensation funds. But they asked for my address and sent me a surprise gift, a rather large package of alcohol  beverages which most people would be overly happy about. Unfortunately  I cannot consume Alcohol.  I am old enough,  although, they did not check ID. I used cash at the company, no cards Although I did state my age by email.   It is hard to return a gift, it pulls on the heart strings.  But I politely said thank you very much, but I cannot consume alcohol due to my beliefs and please may I return the package and asked for a voucher or perhaps suggest something else.   They politely said to offer the alcohol to someone who could enjoy it and thanks for all the help.   Can anyone give any thoughts on this? Was I wrong to ask for the return of the package?   Thank you very much.    
    • That may well be the case as part of their T&Cs...which also states you have to pay £300 +VAT cancellation fee.....but you dont have any legal right as your LTD Company and not a Consumer..you dont have protection of the Consumer Rights Act.
    • Oh I didn’t know that. Any idea what those thresholds are? Also, what could they contest - the amount you’re claiming for?(as they couldn’t contest that they have infringed GDPR)
    • Lex Autolease have advised me that I do have the 14 day cooling off period. It's in their business contract t&c's.    I would like to cancel the finance part of it before the period is over but they won't let me and Lex are saying that I can't do it direct as they don't have paperwork yet.     
    • Yes Jase a default can be registered for current accounts that attract an overdraft...although the default would have placed by HSBC not Intrum Finance.There name would have been added when HSBC assigned the debt to them.   Andy
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
honeybee13

Donald Trump state visit

It seems that they're finalising the details and that he's coming over to coincide with the D-Day memorials.

A lot of people don't seem to be happy about it. I wonder who he'll insult this time?

Illegitimi non carborundum

It might be a lot shorter thread if we can simply ask who is happy about it.

Does he get to put his arm round the Queen?

Don't spoil the fun, BF. :lol:

For HRH's sake I hope he doesn't get too close.

I can't stand Trump, but frankly we've entertained far worse.  Remember Cameron and Xi having a drink down the pub a few years back anyone? to name just one example.

I'm refraining from saying much about the forthcoming Trump visit. I see that the Trump Baby balloon will be flying next week. The US secret service seem to be telling the British police to keep anyone who disagrees with the orange one as far away as possible from Downing Street at least.

Their ambassador is saying that they want access to all of the UK economy which is thought to include the NHS.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/02/us-wants-access-to-nhs-in-post-brexit-deal-ambassador-to-uk-says

I was in Texas on a work trip a few months back, and there just happened to be an anti trump demo going on, which I joined in.  They were delighted when I told them most Brits think that Trump is an utter c**k, and they all knew that the Trump Balloon originated in the UK, they had one up and flying :) 

That's interesting, London. I don't see articles in our press about anti-Trump demos in the US.

The next few days will be interesting while he and most of his family take the hospitality of the UK government and HRH. I hope he doesn't insult war veterans or those who died in WW2.

Yeah, I think it was a small regular (maybe 300 people) anti Trump Demo, held every Sunday.  Just an average size US city, Fort Worth, so I'm guessing they are probably small one's like that in hundreds, if not thousands of locations around the US every weekend.

"Am I bothered !"

Trump is really funny. He just says things to gain a reaction, as the TV gameshow President he really is. 

His is a bit like that large World War 2 bomb they found the other day, which turned out to be a large Christmas decoration, that was covered in dirt.

The Tories taking part in the leadership contest are likely to keep their distance on this visit. They have mostly likely booked meetings well away from any place Trump is visiting.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

He did meet some of them in the end, didn't he? And he wants Boris as PM so there's a mini Trump in the UK.

And Trump is bragging about meeting royalty including the Prince of 'Whales'. The Whales thing is funny but we've given he a series of photo opportunities for his 2020 campaign now. :(