BankFodder BankFodder

honeybee13

Donald Trump state visit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 210 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It seems that they're finalising the details and that he's coming over to coincide with the D-Day memorials.

A lot of people don't seem to be happy about it. I wonder who he'll insult this time?

Illegitimi non carborundum

It might be a lot shorter thread if we can simply ask who is happy about it.

Does he get to put his arm round the Queen?

Don't spoil the fun, BF. :lol:

For HRH's sake I hope he doesn't get too close.

I can't stand Trump, but frankly we've entertained far worse.  Remember Cameron and Xi having a drink down the pub a few years back anyone? to name just one example.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm refraining from saying much about the forthcoming Trump visit. I see that the Trump Baby balloon will be flying next week. The US secret service seem to be telling the British police to keep anyone who disagrees with the orange one as far away as possible from Downing Street at least.

Their ambassador is saying that they want access to all of the UK economy which is thought to include the NHS.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/02/us-wants-access-to-nhs-in-post-brexit-deal-ambassador-to-uk-says

I was in Texas on a work trip a few months back, and there just happened to be an anti trump demo going on, which I joined in.  They were delighted when I told them most Brits think that Trump is an utter c**k, and they all knew that the Trump Balloon originated in the UK, they had one up and flying :) 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That's interesting, London. I don't see articles in our press about anti-Trump demos in the US.

The next few days will be interesting while he and most of his family take the hospitality of the UK government and HRH. I hope he doesn't insult war veterans or those who died in WW2.

Yeah, I think it was a small regular (maybe 300 people) anti Trump Demo, held every Sunday.  Just an average size US city, Fort Worth, so I'm guessing they are probably small one's like that in hundreds, if not thousands of locations around the US every weekend.

Posts moved to existing thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

"Am I bothered !"

Trump is really funny. He just says things to gain a reaction, as the TV gameshow President he really is. 

His is a bit like that large World War 2 bomb they found the other day, which turned out to be a large Christmas decoration, that was covered in dirt.

The Tories taking part in the leadership contest are likely to keep their distance on this visit. They have mostly likely booked meetings well away from any place Trump is visiting.

He did meet some of them in the end, didn't he? And he wants Boris as PM so there's a mini Trump in the UK.

And Trump is bragging about meeting royalty including the Prince of 'Whales'. The Whales thing is funny but we've given he a series of photo opportunities for his 2020 campaign now. :(

I'm reading that this cost the Met £3.5m, who knows what other costs there were for ceremonial occasions, dinners and so on. I hope the government gave the Met some extra money to help with all this when they're so stretched.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/01/donald-trump-uk-state-visit-cost-met-police-35m

From memory from what I read at the time the US taxpayer was on the hook for a large amount of spending on London hotels to have whole floors for the extended Trump family and all the team that was here with them.