Cancellation, cooling off period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Mrs B just signed up for the Gym, this was the cancellation clause.

Please note that if you completed this membership agreement whilst not in the club, you have a period of 14 days from today in which to cancel this membership. This right to cancel will cease once you visit the club, or the period of 14 days has elapsed, whichever is the earlier.

My understanding is, if you started to use the facility within the 14 days the cancellation period continued but you may have to pay for that usage, can't both be right, can they?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

they cant do anything even if she does anyway

totally powerless

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, fkofilee said:

She should still be able to cancel this and to me this term seems fair. Stops loss of trade. 

Is it a 12 month deal? 

Yes, It is more the apparent contradiction really. The legislation seems to say that she can still cancel but wil be billed for the two weeks or less she used the service.

Its twelve months, I usually like to look at these things before we purchase, however. I just noticed that £45 quids gone out of my account this morning, that will be the joining charge. £18 monthly after that. Not too bad I suppose.

We live half way up a one in six hill for goodness sake, how much exercise does the woman need? 

Just leave the car in the drive I say. Won't listen  :)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Looks to me like you have 14 days to cancel IF you joined off the premises........

...... but you lose the right to cancel if you use the gym within the 14 days.

I see nothing about still being able to cancel and paying pro-rata if you use the gym within the 14 days.

In any event, it sounds like the m/ship will continue to be used by Mrs B. 

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick

MY error, I saw this on my daughter's membership with Harlands and presumed it was the statutory minimum, it seems they provide the extra of their own volition.

PRINCIPAL TERMS
1. This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process. If you did not sign up on the clubs premises you have 14 full days after signup to cancel this agreement for any reason. To exercise this right, you must inform Harlands or the club of this by post, email or telephone using the details above. You can use the cancellation form on page 2 of this document but it is not obligatory. If you exercise this right to cancel we will reimburse you all joining and membership fee payments received from you using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction. If you have used the service before requesting to cancel, then we will reduce your membership fee refund by a pro rata amount equal to the number of days from signup to the date cancellation was requested.
2. Your membership starts immediately.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the Type of Membership chosen.

Oh yes, she will continue to use it, I am glad to say.