Copart - £60,000 vehicle Sold as Unrecorded but Statutory Write off in Australia

Allo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I had also been sold an Australian statutory right off which cost me £42k which possibly may go on a q plate. Can you tell me what I can do? 

Thanks

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:27, Cheung1234 said:

Thank you, I greatly appreciate your comments and will keep you posted :)

How did you get on? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm in a predicament whereby I purchased a unrecorded car from copart knowing it was an import, but I wasn't aware it was imported all the way from Australia.  

Immediately after my purchase I wanted to return the car, but copart refused to return after so many calls and emails.

I then proceeded with the repairs to the vehicle,

whilst the car was getting fixed I started to research into the next steps in registering the car and i discovered and was told it might be put on 'Q' plates which will drastically reduce the cars value.

Eight months later when the car was fixed Jeff (General Manager) had called me to say they were in the process of refunding me for the car, however i had fixed the car and now was pristine condition.

He asked me to send the invoices which amounted to £13k.

He then spoke to the legal team and said they are unable to reimburse me with the cost of repairs as said he had listened to my calls last year and I was told it was a statutory right off (CAT B) which was a complete lie. 

I am in a dilemma whether to give the car which is worth much more that what i paid for it, or register it with DVLA hoping they don't put it on Q plates based on the point system:

8 points or more allows you to keep your original plate.
Take a look at the points system.
  • Chassis, monocoque body shell original or new and unmodified – 5 points.
  • Suspension (front and back) original – 2 points.
  • Axles (both) original – 2 points.
  • Transmission original – 2 points.
  • Steering assembly original – 2 points.

Or shall I take them to court?

any guidance would be benefit me at this stage of this crisis.

Thanks,

Alan