• Tweets

• Hi all,   First time I'm doing this post and first time this has ever happened. I have been sent speeding fines before and I have always sent details and either been to speed awareness courses or had points and paid fine. In this instance, I have supposedly been sent a letter to provide driver information for speeding fine, and then again another letter to say not received anything and to provide again this was all apparently in 2018.   I then received a letter this week (which I actually got) saying I need to pay £800 and have 6 points to add on my licence for failing to provide info and failing to come to court date.   I never received anything prior this the last letter which I received this week.   I have been told to make a statutory declaration, in which they said you need to attend court date and say that you never knew of the letter beforehand, which I said yes and then they said if found to be guilty u could face prison sentence and more fines. I was ok with this as I know I haven't received any letters like this prior (until the final one this week)   After reading reviews its quite concerning as some people have mentioned that the court basically look at your case and even though you may not received the letter, its more of a he said, she said scenario, which as mentioned is concerning as if I haven't received any letters prior how could I have given my driver information and that court could basically say, the letters were sent out and that your lieing.   But as mentioned before I have had speeding fines in past and have always sent off information, if I did make an offence   Is anyone able to give me any advice?
    • Reported the issue within days but the dealer flatly refused to speak to me and pretended to be abroad. There is no way he was going to take the car back. The finance company were behind me initially but then suddenly changed tack when they investigated the dealership more closely. The law states that my contact is with the finance company who provided the finance and who paid the dealer at the onset of the agreement. They are jointly liable for any breach in the law but this is academic as a number of prosecutions against the dealer have just resulted in a change of director (just another loophole that is exploited to avoid paying up)   Finance Companies fall under the Financial Services Authority umbrella and it was their Ombudsman who oversaw this complaint.  
    • nope. what are you trying to do? if its to do with your PAP letter thread you don't need to worry about reclaim just proof the bal is all charges/int   dx    
    • Sorry if I have not understand but I have gone back to post 3 and all I see is list of questions which I have answered in the post after.   Do you mean that I do not need to pay any charge?   I guess mine was notice to keeper without photographic evidence and without the mention of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012    The notice also stats that I should not ignore it or else they can contact dvla to pursue payment.
    • you mean the FOS surely?   did you report the fault within 30 days of purchase to the retailer? if so as andy says you are entitled to reject the car and get a full refund from the RETAILER. under your short term right to reject CRA cannot normally be against the finance co.
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
hollal

Bank Card Retained

Hi everyone.

Firstly, apologies if this is not in the correct subforum.

I use a Revolut card for my daily purchases. 

It's one of these internet banks, you get an account and card, and you top it up, etc. 

Today, there's a standalone cash machine in town, operated by CashZone and instead of dispensing money it retained my card. 

A second chap came along whilst I was calling the wife and I was too late to warn him not the use it and it took his card too. 

I called the number on the sticker on the ATM and gave them the ATM ID number and they said it's blocked and not to worry because any cards will be emptied and destroyed. 

I have ordered another card but it costs me £5 delivery. 

I was just wondering, were I feeling so inclined, where I stood with their obligation to refund me for the cost of requiring a new card. 

It was there faulty machine that retained the card for no good reason after all. 

If they intend to permanently deprive me of it without permission then is that not theft?

Your thoughts on the situation would be appreciated.

Simple answer here is if the fault is with Cashzone's ATM - Then the cost should be passed onto them. 

I am also one of those App bank users - I actually use one of the more stable ones as my full account and have my old guard account used to put money into. 

I would suggest that you move sideway's to another secure company (Monzo, Starling etc) - I am concerned with Revoluts bad press recently. 

Posted (edited)

Likely they didn’t dishonestly intend to permanently deprive (so not theft)

intent to permanently deprive is a civil matter. It is only criminal when the intent is dishonest (applying the 2 stage Ghosh test)

Additionally : what have Revolut asked them to do with retained cards?

while you pay Revolut to issue you a card, I bet somewhere in the T’s & C’s it says it remains their property .....

Edited by BazzaS