BankFodder BankFodder

liz01

End of tenancy. Help/advice needed please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 313 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello. I gave my private landlord the 30 day notice on the 8th April, meaning we should be out of here on the 8th May, hand keys back etc. He can’t be here that day or the day before, as he’s away, so we’ve agreed the Saturday 4th as handover, but he’s wanting me to pay upto the 8th May! Am i in my rights to say to him, you can’t be here that day for handover, so why charge me the extra four days?  Rent should be due on 22/4, so do I give him 13 days or the 17 days? Any advice most welcome please. Thank you. 

How much money are we talking here?

£20 or £200?

Have you spoken about this to the LL?

If he's not around on the 08th he could send someone to collect the keys.

I can't see anyone arguing over 4 days rent.

What would he do with the deposit then?

Hi

Please ensure any dealings in this matter you have a good paper trail (i.e. do you have it in writing as the LL is unavailable on the 8th you must checkout on the 4th)

I agree have you discussed this with the Landlord

Have you paid a deposit? (if so is it protected and you were given a copy of the prescribed terms)

Ensure when you move out you take photographs of the condition of absolutely everything in each room/area. inside and outside (i.e. walls, sockets, skirting, lighting, furniture, meter readings, garden etc)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group