• Tweets

• Forgive my ignorance but I assume take out dates would be when next payment is usually due? Jacamo is the 10th of each month Vanquis is usually the 6th or 7th of each month
    • Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help - DCAs are getting heavy

slouisewillwin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help! I have 3 debts with Abbey. These have been dealt with by a company called First Credit. Following their first contact about 3 years ago I went to Citizens Advice Bureau who helped me with an expenditure sheet and we made an offer that I could afford. They refused this and would not supply details of who I should send payments to.

They have contacted me on and off since then in various guises and each time refused to accept my offer or conduct business in writing. They have made hundreds of telephone calls but I will not speak to them as they are aggressive and I would not have a record of what is said.

The debts have been passed to Robinson, Way & Co who I have sent a cheque to for all 3 debts, I intend to set up a monthly standing order. However, a collector has started coming to my home and yesterday she showed my partner all the paperwork without even asking who he was - isn't this a breach of the Data Protection Act? She was also aggressive, insisting it would be "best for 'er if she rings me"!

In addition, another company Connaught Collections of Croydon claim to have been appointed to act on behalf of First Credit. I wrote to them telling them I have started to pay the debt to Robinson, Way & Co and now I have had a letter from Bishop Investigations (same address) stating that they are going to visit my home and arrange for a Statoury Demand under the Insolvency Act to be issued.

I thought that I knew my rights but now I getting scared - any advice please.

yup, they should not be discussing this with anyone but you. this is a cleaer breach of the data protection act. it would also be deemed as harrasment. it also breaches the oft debt collection guidance. using more than one collector to chase for the same debt is also a breach.

here is the guidance:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/50F06527-9FC5-4610-B385-999D6E2A8950/0/oft664.pdf

some info on harrasment:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 03 Harassment

i would also consider getting in touch with your local trading standards.

with respect of the debts, fill out your income & expenditure and make pro-rata offers based upon what you can realistically afford. start making the payments to show good will if you can.

these collectors are NOT bailiffs. they have no extra powers other than to ask for the money. they can not enter your house.

do you have any assets? are you in mortgaged property? alot of creditors might use a stat demand but most will not bother with bankruptcy, it costs alot of money for them to use it!

you could always try a cca request / sar to see what right these people have to chase the debts too!

good luck!

• Haha 1

Thanks, I have no assets, I live in a Housing Association property and my car is on HP.

Will try a CCA request next.

it is doubtful that they would go as far as bankruptcy.

is your HP agreement up to date? are you looking to keep the vehicle?

how much of the agreement have you paid as a percentage? have the hp firm issued you with a default notice at all?

sorry about all the questions!

The car is upto date and I have paid about 10 - 15% of the value.

In fact I am managing all my finances well now, these are old debts and as I have told them I will not borrow money to repay them or over stretch myself so I get into difficulties with my current credit.

I have had dealings with 1st credit and in fact my local trading standards are investigating them following my complaint. Istcredit/ connaught collections are one and same. Robinson Way are also used by them plus a few others. I CCA's 1st credit, who passed it on to connaught, who passed it onto debt help uk, who passed it onto robinson way. I simply sent a CCA request (recorded delivery)to each of these companies as they contacted me. connaught & robinson way wrote back saying they were handing it back to 1st credit and debt help never contacted me again. I don't even owe them money, they owe me! anyway my point is, send a CCA to any of them that contact you. but be warned 1st credit are really devious. however don't be intimidated by them.

Thanks ecobabe! That is so helpful.

The lady at CAB who helped me made a formal complaint about 1st Credit because they verbally abused her and harassed her after she put the phone down on them. I will send CCAs to Robinson, Way and Bishops Investigations on Monday.

After reading some of the threads on the forum I am beginning to wonder if it is not a breach of the Data Protection Act to sell on a debt in the first place?!

The advice to me and others is great, I feel better already.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update.

I sent CCA letters to both Connaught and Robinson, Way & Co. Connaught wrote back immediately saying that they had returned the file to 1st Credit.

Robinson, Way & Co have written to say thank you for £1.00 payment but we cannot accept instalments that low! They haven't even read the letter or have choosen to ignore it. I have replied with copy of my request letter. - should I do anything else?

Re the Data Protection breach by their rep I have complained to Trading Standards and Credit Services Association.

this is exactly what happened to me in fact about 3 of the DCA's did this despite my cca's being properly formatted. Write to Robinson way and any others that do this and simply say that the £1 po was not a payment but the statutory fee as per the CCA 1974, as they are well aware and tell them that the clock continues to tick from the date they received the CCA request, and also tell them that you are lodging complaint with Trading standards et al regarding their blatant abuse of the consumer credit act request. then sit back and wait on the 12 working days + 1 calander month expiring. Be aware 1st credit will continue to do this, but just stick to the Act and it will be fine.

The Data Protection Act breach should be reported to the Information Commissioner as a complaint.

Do the original Abbey debts include charges? Are you seeking to reclaim these?

The original Abbey account debt will include charges but it is well over six years old, so I have assumed that I cannot do anything about them.

Don't assume anything of the sort.

There is a line of thinking that you can claim these charges back as they (the bank) were hiding the fact from you that they were unlawful.

Do a bit more reading around the site, there's some more info on this in various places, some of it might take a bit of finding though.

I'm personally claiming back to May 1996, but doing it in two stages, and the total is looking to be around 20G's :-D

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum