BankFodder BankFodder

fedibengal

Constructive trust and international debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 288 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We had a constructive trust with a relative whereby he granted us full beneficial interests in a property.

However, this relative fell into debt abroad after the agreement and the foreign creditors want to foreclose his assets in the UK ignoring our interests.

Our relative has since passed away.

We just got notification from the land registry that they are trying to do a dealing on the estate. 

What can be done as they are not willing to provide us with any information? 

Hi.

Could you tell us more about this constructive trust please? It's not anything I've heard of in the UK. If we know more, hopefully we can advise you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you for the link.

I could be wrong, but I think before people here have any chance to advise you on a technical topic, it would help to understand the circumstances where you were granted beneficial interest in the property and why.

HB

Our relative gave us the property due to a tragedy that occurred in the family over 2 decades ago. We have lived in it as our own, improving it, paying for its insurance and he no longer had access to it. He never visited the property again. A couple of years ago we tried to transfer it as we needed to do more extensive renovations but he fell ill and could not complete the process. We then heard that he had a bad debt abroad.

Thank you for that.

Do you have paperwork about the property being effectively yours please?

HB

From your link, I think it would help us to understand if this is your position. Or if not, which one is please.

Misappropriated property

Constructive trusts arise where property has been misappropriated from its true legal owner.So if money or property is stolen, or a person is holding money as a result of fraudulent conduct, that person holds the property or money on a constructive trust for the benefit of the actual legal owner.

HB

No it's this one below

Proprietary interests

Edited by fedibengal

2 minutes ago, fedibengal said:

Proprietary interests

If that's a link it doesn't work, I'm afraid.

HB

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Thank you for that.

Do you have paperwork about the property being effectively yours please?

HB

No, it was word of mouth.