• Tweets

• Evening all, Due to some family issues and other things going on, I've finally got a bit of spare time to be able to attack this again. Please can I just check with you that the below is sufficient to send to the Coventry address (the aim, I believe, is to get the 'real' data that includes details of the PPI I had back in the late 90s, as opposed to the data I received when I sent a DSAR to the Canada Square)?   Harry Weston Rd, Coventry CV3 2SH 25th May 2019  Dear Sir/Madam GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS - SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST     Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time. Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of when I started banking with you from 24 January 1996  to 2013.        For reference, some of my past addresses include the below: xxxxx   xxxxx   xxxxx     This Subject Access Request includes - but is not limited to any data you hold about me in respect of any matter and held in any form including; statements, notes, screen notes, recordings, internal correspondence and external correspondence. For the avoidance of doubt, and as stated above, this Subject Access Request requires disclosure of ALL personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you up to 2013 There is no applicable fee for this data disclosure – unless you feel that my request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive – in which case you have a duty to let me know without any delay. Under the new GDPR regime, you must satisfy this data disclosure request as soon as possible and in any event within one month. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return however, you are not entitled to impose any formality upon me or to require that I complete any particular form or template before you comply with your statutory duty. Further to this, I have attached two of your recent communications to me at my above address as proof of my identity. I also require you to confirm to me that you are processing my personal data, how you acquired it, for what purpose you are processing it and also to identify all the parties with whom you have shared it. You are required to provide this information regardless of whether you believe that the substantive disclosure satisfies the conditions which permit you to impose a charge. I also required to know whether my data has been subject to any automatic processing which has resulted in decisions or suggested decisions being made in respect of me. Also, has my personal data been used in any way to categorise me or to place me on any lists. If so please explain. Finally, I should remind you that you have a duty to make clear the meaning of any codes or shorthand which you use in relation to my personal data. If I do not hear from you then I will assume that this Statutory Request is satisfactory and that the one month timescale has started. If you fail to comply with all of your obligations, I will make an immediate complaint to the Information Commissioner about your statutory breach – and without any further notice to you. This may also lead to legal action in the county court and a judgement will then be forwarded to the FCA. Yours faithfully,
    • good  thanks for telling us the full story. its better we know where we stand always.   get the last CCA return up into ONE multipage PDF please read upload. don't post as JPG's to your thread please
    • The decisions were mine.  I had alot going on back in early 2011. We had a fire in our home office and my wife had just started a new job.  I was trying to get my head around my business which folded at the end of 2009 and what to do as well as look after 3 daughters 16, 14 and 11. That was when I decided to use a DMP and let someone else handle a number of c/card issues for both my wife and me. I stopped the DMP around April 2017 and then realised that I would stop paying and push to see who had a possibly valid CCA. Most of the cards have been sold on and there are no valid CCA's so are not enforceable but may raise their heads again. Cbot have decided that the size of this makes it worth trying for  suppose so that's why I'm ready to get this resolved now. Non of the CAG team have given an opinion on this recon CCA yet.   Will pick this up again on Monday as not around over the weekend. Thanks for your help.
    • I have a notice of enforcement, dated 26/4/19! This was the correspondence i received following my response to Harrow council detailing my difficult circumstances and requesting time to pay over installments.  Following receipt of this Notice of enforcement I had the visit just a few days after and before the said date on the letter.   I will do as suggested and contact my local Councillor.   Is it worth me sending a text message to the bailiff i spoke to?    
    • For a Civil Debt they would have to have a Controlled Goods Order with the items properly listed and a copy sined by the debtor. before they could apply to force entry.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
danny1105

Intrum and Virgin Money CCA return

This is the reply i have received from Intrum. Should I inform Stepchange or contact Intrum to say that they cannot collect without the CCA? and ask them to cancel the monthly collection from their end?

Intrum Virgin Money reply 260319.pdf

any that have failed the 12+2 working days deadline you can cease pay if you wish until they do comply

Just copied this response from your other thread on this. No CCA, no pay.  To be fair virgin money did come up with a signed agreement in my case but it took them a long while.  However, I still never paid them a penny, and ignored all communications.  The debt went statute barred in 2014, and they never tried to issue a CCJ.

Thanks for that.I will get Stepchange to cease payment until the CCA is received

Just remember if I would have been paying 38 quid per month to them , I'd still be paying them now, 12 years later. Always remember the statute barred clock, it will start ticking the second you cease paying them. Even if (and it's a big if) they do come up with an agreement I wouldn't re start payment.  I would do nothing until receiving an LBA which may never come anyway.

might be best to DUMP stepchange totally

as 90% of your debts are going to turnout this way.

its easy to do your own DMP to those that pass the tests of enforceability.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Please fill in your quit date here