• Tweets

• Update The engineer who's been looking at the van was unable to borrow a circuit board to do a temporary swap to test. His and Truma's recommendation was that I take the van to them as the fault it was displaying was something they'd not come across before. I rang Truma Friday morning and it was going to be the end of October before I could get an appointment. Then the engineer said that they'd had a cancellation that morning and if I got down to them immediately (a 40 mins journey for me) they'd look at it. They rang me late Friday afternoon and to cut to the point they may have fixed it, it's still on test there today, they'll let me know the outcome later. If it's not the circuit board which they've changed then it's another problem with the solar system on the van which is nothing to do with them. I've kept Marquis involved by email and phone. But because I've acted without giving them another chance to deal with the fault will I still have any claim or not ?  Thanks 
    • expecting civil replies instead of using adjectives and verbs like "shut up"
    • I have also emailed them this below      Can I please bring your attention to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 wherby it states my right to a refund I have highlighted the points where I feel you are failing in regards to this Act. Please refer this to you senior to be looked over immediately and I look forward to your reply    Thanks Kelly Gallimore Right to reject (1)The short-term right to reject is subject to section 22. (2)The final right to reject is subject to section 24. (3)The right to reject under section 19(6) is not limited by those sections. (4)Each of these rights entitles the consumer to reject the goods and treat the contract as at an end, subject to subsections (20) and (21). (5)The right is exercised if the consumer indicates to the trader that the consumer is rejecting the goods and treating the contract as at an end. (6)The indication may be something the consumer says or does, but it must be clear enough to be understood by the trader. (7)From the time when the right is exercised— (a)the trader has a duty to give the consumer a refund, subject to subsection (18), and (b)the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader or (if there is an agreement for the consumer to return rejected goods) to return them as agreed. (8)Whether or not the consumer has a duty to return the rejected goods, the trader must bear any reasonable costs of returning them, other than any costs incurred by the consumer in returning the goods in person to the place where the consumer took physical possession of them. (9)The consumer’s entitlement to receive a refund works as follows. (10)To the extent that the consumer paid money under the contract, the consumer is entitled to receive back the same amount of money. (11)To the extent that the consumer transferred anything else under the contract, the consumer is entitled to receive back the same amount of what the consumer transferred, unless subsection (12) applies. (12)To the extent that the consumer transferred under the contract something for which the same amount of the same thing cannot be substituted, the consumer is entitled to receive back in its original state whatever the consumer transferred. (13)If the contract is for the hire of goods, the entitlement to a refund extends only to anything paid or otherwise transferred for a period of hire that the consumer does not get because the contract is treated as at an end. (14)If the contract is a hire-purchase agreement or a conditional sales contract and the contract is treated as at an end before the whole of the price has been paid, the entitlement to a refund extends only to the part of the price paid. (15)A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund. (16)If the consumer paid money under the contract, the trader must give the refund using the same means of payment as the consumer used, unless the consumer expressly agrees otherwise. (17)The trader must not impose any fee on the consumer in respect of the refund. (18)There is no entitlement to receive a refund— (a)if none of subsections (10) to (12) applies, (b)to the extent that anything to which subsection (12) applies cannot be given back in its original state, or (c)where subsection (13) applies, to the extent that anything the consumer transferred under the contract cannot be divided so as to give back only the amount, or part of the amount, to which the consumer is entitled. (19)It may be open to a consumer to claim damages where there is no entitlement to receive a refund, or because of the limits of the entitlement, or instead of a refund. (20)Subsection (21) qualifies the application in relation to England and Wales and Northern Ireland of the rights mentioned in subsections (1) to (3) where— (a)the contract is a severable contract, (b)in relation to the final right to reject, the contract is a contract for the hire of goods, a hire-purchase agreement or a contract for transfer of goods, and (c)section 26(3) does not apply. (21)The consumer is entitled, depending on the terms of the contract and the circumstances of the case— (a)to reject the goods to which a severable obligation relates and treat that obligation as at an end (so that the entitlement to a refund relates only to what the consumer paid or transferred in relation to that obligation), or (b)to exercise any of the rights mentioned in subsections (1) to (3) in respect of the whole contract
    • V common problem for this car. Might be something small like EGR valve needs a clean, might be water pump, might just need a service. Might still be a very good car, just need to spend a little. Naturally you take them to court for the money you spend of course.
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Another negative PayPal balance thread. Please help.

now go read the merged thread from post 1 again...

wetcloths cannot send anyone let alone bailiffs and only act for their clients.

and as pp don't do court...and don't sell debts on....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

Are you sure of this? From what I've read, as a representative debt collectors can actually take you to court, even if PayPal themselves don't.

only the owner of a debt can take you to court.

read your thread

find a paypal court case by PP or a DCA..you wont find one...

stop reading scare stories by patsy DCA employees.

dx

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

Paypal are based out of Luxembourg and as they deal with billions of transactions, it is probably just a numbers game to them.

We see regular reports of debts owed amounting to thousands and they never appear to go beyond DCA's sending out their communications.  

It must be a question of cost of collection activities versus how much they could collect in reasonable time.  The DCA's probably collect a  sufficient percentage, for the rest of the remaining debts to be written off against any tax liabilities. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Anybody think its worth telling the DCA my new address?

I know this sounds like a terrible idea, however I feel guilty about all following letters going to my previous address with new tenants and, and I'm not sure if Wescot use third parties (family members, work, although they shouldn't have information for either) to find people they are pursuing.

-b

no inform their client ignore a powerless DCA.

dx

On 12/06/2019 at 03:08, Namjeff731 said:

This site seems to be by far the most positive in terms of certainty of not having to pay them, although I dont know if this is due to a higher level of experience and knowledge here, a lack of knowledge everywhere else or both.

All stories seem to go MIA after a while or be over 5 years old,

I'm looking for any tangible stories of the long-term.

Probably because nothing comes of these "debts" because they can't do anything about it so people forget that they posted 4 years ago and don't come to update saying nothing happened...