• Tweets

• Yes owners of the debt can issue a UK court claim if you reside in the UK, subject to UK court procedures, so can defend the claim.    The bit that confuses people is that the debt was created under UAE law. But when they try to enforce using a UK court, if you defend the claim, they will look at the claim and your defence, ensuring any UK court rules are applied. So if you disputed the debt, the claimant would have to provide evidence to counter your defence argument.    
    • So between 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019, did you have an agreement with the landlord in respect of this address where the water bill is owed ?  If so, did the agreement with landlord say you were responsible for water & sewerage charges ? 
    • Hi guys, Sorry I'm  not quite following. Are you saying there is a chance I could be taken to court? Thanks Lou
    • I came back home on Monday and found this Claim form in my letter box. In the light of what I have explained earlier in regards to this debt claim, can anyone tell if I have any chance fighting it in th Court. SW in the last conversation request the proof of me living somewhere else, which I can't provide. They have info from the landlord of property being rented to me, I was there on electoral register, had bank account opened on this address, Driving licence had this address etc., but I wasn't living there.      Name of the Claimant -  Southern Water services   Date of issue – 12/06/2019     Particulars of Claim   The Claimant is statutory...etc The Claimant claims the sum £969 for unpaid water and or sewerage charges payable under s. 142-144 of the act and the Claimant Charges Scheme. The unpaid sum of £969 is for period 01/04/2014 - 08/07/2015. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year  from 08/07/2015 to 11/06/2019 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of the judgment or earlier payment at daily rate of £0.21   What is the total value of the claim? £1423   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? yes Letter before Action   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  Yes, COA address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?    No, water charges   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Allegedly after - April 2012   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? No   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No, no anymore   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Southern Water - original creditor   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No.   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? Never. I wasn't aware of bills.   What was the date of your last payment? Never   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes, creditor did not take my notice of bills being wrongly issued in my name.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No  
    • If the case was brought before a UK civil court would UK rules apply or foreign rules?   I wonder if the original contract would strate what jurisdiction it's terms would be decided by?   I note that UK contracts frequently have a clause that says in so many words that any disputes  will be interpreted under UK law.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

Posted (edited)

I will start from the beginning.

I had a Renault Clio Motability Car for 8 months, I got permission from Motability to cancel because of worsening health and needing a car that was bigger and higher up so I wasn’t climbing out of it.

Then……..

I’ve just got a Renault Captur Iconic.

I’m very unhappy with the service I have had, even though the car is ok, I did not get the car that was 100% suitable for me and should have had because firstly at first they were not honest with me and didn’t tell me that they had a Renault Captur GT Line in stock at Renault Aldershot SMC even though they supposedly checked on their system.

On Monday 1st April 2019, I ordered a Renault Captur Iconic at My local Renault SMC, it was apparently a car that had already been cancelled and was on the forecourt, I ordered it because they informed me that they did not have a GT Line Captur in stock which is the one that met my requirements and the one I wanted.

However, they were not honest with me and I found out that the other local Renault SMC had one in stock at their branch in the showroom which I could have.

So on Thursday 4th April, I went to the other local Renault and I viewed and sat in the Captur GT Line and made sure it was suitable.

Me and Renault agreed I would have it, Even though I already had a Iconic Renault Captur on order from the other local Renault branch, they were happy to change this, so it was all agreed for me to have the Renault GT Line model.

This met my requirements because of the height of the seats and the heated seats which would be beneficial for my pain issues.

So it was all agreed but then suddenly when I got home Renault wanted to charge me £215 on top of the £595 advance payment of the car because it had a dashcam installed, I have the emails to prove this also.

I spoke to someone from Motability on Friday 5th April regarding this and was told by Motability that if I wanted the car without the dashcam then I could do that and Renault would have to take it off.

However, Renault refused and I couldn’t have the car I wanted and which was more suitable and I had to have the Iconic Renault Captur which I really didn’t want. I felt pressured into having it because they wouldn’t let me have the other one unless I paid £215 for the dashcam, making it over £830 in total with the advance payment on top of the dashcam fee.

The GT Line version was more suitable for me and that is what I wanted and what me and Renault agreed I was going to have.

Then I felt I couldn’t back out for the order of the Iconic Renault Captur so I picked it up on Monday, however the other one is what was more suitable, I definitely felt pressured because of how Renault handled it all.

I’m really not happy with this because I haven’t got the model I wanted to have and not only felt pressured but Renault made it extremely hard for me and went against what I was told by Motability.

It’s been a stressful experience and after having the opportunity to change my car I’m disappointed that I haven’t got the car that met all of my requirements.

As I say I have all emails confirming I wanted the GT Line version and it was all agreed and all emails from both local Renault dealers stating they would go ahead and arrange for me to collect the Renault Captur GT Line model.

Plus the emails stating they would charge me £215 for the dashcam and also then refusing to remove the dashcam therefore leaving me with no choice but to have the other car and going against what I was told by Motability.

I have several emails that will show all of what I have said.

I will also add that I wasn’t given the chance to inspect the car when I collected it and just had to enter the PIN and it had 12 miles on the clock.

There were 12 miles on the clock when I picked it up and the colour definitely isn’t Desert Orange unless I need to go to Specsavers?

It was all agreed for me to have the GT Line Captur in Red/Black and even Motability said Renault would have to remove the dashcam if I didn’t want it but Renault refused and I felt pressured into having this car instead, I know I ordered the Iconic first but that was because

Renault were not honest with me and stated they didn’t have any in stock and they only had this.

Motability have fobbed me off saying it’s my responsibility even if I did feel pressured but they will refer to the Customer Relations team if I want them to which I will ask them to do so.

On 4th April Renault agreed for me to have the GT Line and said they would cancel the order for the Captur Iconic, I have that in writing.

But Renault didn’t cancel it, they started playing hardball regarding paying for the dashcam in the GT Line Captur and I ended up having to have the Iconic lower model without things like the heated seats which I wanted and needed.

Renault also failed to offer or provide a test drive in either car.

Do I have a case?

I have requested that Motability escalate it, if I’m not satisfied with the response then I can go to the Ombudsman.

Edited by thecookiemonster

Hi

What you need to bear in mind is that your agreement/lease agreement of the vehicle is with Motability.

Have you checked Motability Website to see if that model with dash cam is listed? (take a screenshot)

Was it specifically Renault's Motability Adviser you dealt with for the vehicle and change of vehicle at
a Motability accredited Dealership/Franchisee? 

Did you inform Motability of the Vehicle Change and it was accepted by Motability? (if so did they inform
you of a possible excess charge and do you have it in writing?)

What does the documents/agreement you signed say about the vehicle change and any excess etc? (or has
this been done electronically to Motability? (did you digitally sign i.e. using a eletronic pencil & pad)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group