Igroup/GE Mortgage + secured Loan + now Engage- beat GE Repo - now Engage Repo **WON** Want to reclaim charges

Pleasehelpme26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help I'm at my wits end.

I have had a mortgage with ge for 10 years.

We have arrears of £40k.

These have accrued though ill health and self employment.

We have been paying part of the contractual payment each month

although no arrangement set to do so.

I am under medication as I'm agoraphobic and mentally unwell.

My GP has written to ge to confirm.

They wanted a GP letter to do a final review but have said they are going for eviction.

Letter only posted today so not read by ge.

My husband starts a new job, more money and as an employee.

I have offered as of end nov to pay full monthly payment to prove we can pay each month.

Then I have asked for arrears to be paid off over remaining term.

Ge said no.

I have 2 children and one has a heart murmur.

Will a judge listen or just laugh at me.

Ge sent police to my door and contacted a social worker today as they thought I might kill myself.

Can anyone help?

Please :(

blimey £40k arrears!!

so how much was the mortgage for?

when did you take it out?

is their NO MPPI or insurance with the mortgage to fall back on?

what is the full term of the mortgage?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To northern bloke. I can't send pm yet...Thanks for your reply. When you say 50% is that half the arrears? We could only afford £228 per month but that is repaying over the remaining morgage term. What did ge do about fees and additional interest? Thanks

Hi, has this case already been to court? is there a suspended possession order in place?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If they apply for an eviction order then you can submit an application to the court on an N244 form

asking for a hearing to have the eviction stopped (we can help you with that).

Obviously you will have to be able to show you can pay towards the arrears each month and clear them within the remaining term of the mortgage.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Is the secured loan in arrears ?

Hello there.

Ell-enn has written a useful guide on repossession problems. Here's a link in case it helps you to understand more.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

My best, HB

Thank you, I'm suicidal

You will have to start repaying the arrears on the secured loan - how long has it left to run ?

It would help you to get an idea of what you can realistically afford if you complete the affixed budget sheet (it calculates automatically as you fill it in) - you need to factor in what you can pay towards the arrears on both the mortgage and secured loan. You will also need to submit a budget sheet with your N244 application so you might as well get it done now and we know what we are dealing with.

Hi yes ok. Do I tie it in with my other morgage? Will the judge laugh at me because of arrears amount and payment history? I will fill in sheet, can I do it on my phone and do I submit on here to you? Thanks

Probably best to do it on a laptop/pc etc. Let me know when you have completed it and you can email it to me at [email protected] (there is no space between the c and o).