Igroup/GE Mortgage + secured Loan + now Engage- beat GE Repo - now Engage Repo **WON** Want to reclaim charges

Pleasehelpme26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you know what the difference is between "interest" and "additional interest"? I asked them and could not understand what the person said due to his strong foreign accent.

Or GE evading the question!!

From the explanation given to me, interest is the norm that you would pay on your mortage. Additional interest is added when the outstanding balance doesn't go down as anticipated, I suppose with the arrears.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

if this is a secured loan or a mortgage

the limitations period is 12yrs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they cant have it bothways but GE will try!!

if you owed them money

they would , quite rightly, chase you upto 12yrs down the line.

so why CANT YOU do the same to them.....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello you lovely people on this horrible wet day.

Just after some advice if anyone knows....

I sent a SAR off to GE, £10 chq cashed but now had a letter in post.

They are saying that they only give out telephone conversations if......

1. I can give date, time and number from which I called ge from.

2. They only retain phone calls for 12 months and in some instances, even with all info they can't provide details due to technical reasons.

Is this correct?

My distrust is so high.

Last January I spoke to a rep and was told that although the arrears were high,

I had a long time to go on the mortgage so not to panic.

Any thoughts gratefully received :)

Just to clarify, call was January 2013

• 4 weeks later...
Hello...

Yes all ok, suspended order. GE didn't turn up. The judge found an email from Simply Law accepting our offer. The same offer I made in October!!

Thanks so much for all your help and support, I will donate this week.

And thanks to Shelter who were fab xx

good for you.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Just wanted to pick anyone's brains....

As you know we went to court and had a order to pay £250 over our cmi.

We have been doing this fine and not missed a payment.

My husband is due into hospital next week to have a much needed operation and will be off work for 6 weeks approx.

I have kept GE informed since June knowing this was coming.

I've had 3 separate conversations with them, all saying the same thing.

Not to worry, they will do income and expend and providing we can pay half the cmi,

because it's a short term health issue, we can catch up.

I've just called to do this and have been told that they can't vary the court order.

If we don't make the full payment, the eviction will likely be enforced.

My husband will be on sick pay of £87 a week.

Can I go back to court myself?

It's only August and September.

GE are such hard work!!

Can any of you offer anything to the above?

I'm so worried about being dragged back to court, I haven't slept all night.

My husband has said he won't have the op, but was told last month, that if he didn't,

he wouldn't be able to walk at all in the future.

I have spoken to shelter and off to the cab today.

Please anyone?

The plan was, to pay half the cmi in August and September, then resume the full cmi plus £250 off the arrears in October.

I know there would be a shortfall of one months cmi plus £250, but we thought we could pay slightly extra to make up the shortfall.

I was told that as it was a court order, GE could not change it.

I'm so confused, none of the reps say the same.

Forgot to say we were also offered £3000 off of the dreaded ge charges (not the full amount) could we use that as a payment?

I'm also talking to the Law Centre today.

Thanks everyone.

Hi there, charges are added to the outstanding mortgage so if they are refunded all that happens is that they are deducted from the balance - you don't actually see any "real" money. Have you written to GE explaining the situation and putting forward your proposal for payment? it's always best to put it in writing so that if there is any further action taken you can show a judge you tried to get them to consider your situation. If you need help with a letter please let me know.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Do you have any documentation relating to your husband's hospitalisation for surgery ? usually a letter is sent detailing the admittance time and date and the surgeon doing the operation etc. it would be helpful to send a copy of that with the letter.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, affixed is a draft letter (you need to put your husband's name in where there are XXX's) take photocopies of the medical info and affix to the letter. Send it recorded delivery or special delivery today and keep the receipt safe so you can check on the royalmail website in a few days to print off the signed for receipt.

When you called yesterday - did you make a payment ?

Thanks so much.

I will get it printed and posted as per your instruction.

No, no payment due until the end of the month;

end of July was paid in full inc £250 arrears payment.

We've been paying the cmi plus £250 since Nov 13, not missed a payment.

I first informed ge of a potential future problem in June after my husbands MRI scan showed that he needed an operation to repair the knee.

Hi, how much have you reduced the arrears by since Nov 13 ? i.e. how much were the arrears then and how much are they now ?

On a slight side issue, will your husband's employers really not pay him at all when he is off sick for 6 weeks?

That sounds incredibly hard. Could he not ask to take a couple of those weeks as holiday so he does get paid?

I appreciate he has not been there that long, but he must have already accrued some holiday?

Oh right, thanks for the reply. The problem is, as I know myself, that once a lender gets a suspended possession order it hangs over your head constantly. One slip and they are on you like a pack of dogs.

So many people do not understand what that is like, to be worrying the whole time that one missed/late payment will bring them out of the woodwork and applying to evict you.

This is not what the government want, it is not what the Council of Mortgage Lenders want, it is not what the courts want. Failing to 'treat customers fairly' is looked upon very harshly by the Financial Conduct Authority but the lenders seem not to give a damn and just defy them.

If they do try and evict you as well as fighting in court you should go to the FCA so that they are aware what these low life lenders are up to!