• Tweets

• then they would not have to go thru court process and no doubt loose??  
    • Indeed...it was suspicously cheap though.
    • Why would they offer a Tomlin Order? Surely they would only do that if they weren't 100% it was going to be a win... They reclaim their costs from the debtor if successful?  
    • I'm struggling to see how to win this one, especially now after looking at the other thread.   Is it too late to go back to our original dispute that they kept adding late payment charges even though they was successfully taking the minimum payment by direct debit?   Reckon they would accept 50% as full and final settlement now, as opposed to £1 a month forever?
    • Okay so this is an interesting case. A lot of the current banks dont understand the indepths concepts of Cryptocurrency and most transactions are viewed as being High Risk. Its sort of like the Ebay Chargeback [problem] of yesteryear... But more up to date.    So have TSB verified 100% that you are an innocent party in all of this? My concern here is that you may end up having a black marker put against your name.  This is known as a CIFAS Marker and you must get confirmation from TSB that you will not have one put against you otherwise you will have a very bad time.   I would suggest an email to the CEO's team - They cant override the Fraud / Chargeback team but if the money is yours and it passes all of their KYC Checks then there should be no issue. Let them close your account and find another bank who do want you. Also after the complaint has been had - You should refer this to the Financial Ombudsman Service as the way the bank have treated you is unfair IMHO.    They have T&Cs that allow them to close your account at any time but it has to be fair - IE Breaching KYC Checks / Fraud / Court Action... Etc Also I wonder if reaching out to the papers might be an option.    @BankFodder - Any idea?    Legal action might also be in the question if you are shortchanged by TSB and considering their precarious situation last year with the IT Fiasco - They are on shaky ground.  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Baguettes54

VCS PCN - No Stopping - Liverpool John Lennon Airport

I have received the attached PCN from Vehicle Control Services at Liverpool John Lennon Airport and need advice on whether to pay or not.  I have read many posts and it would appear that the advice would be to not pay. I would like to ensure that this is the most up to date information.  Many thanks

Liverpool JLA PCN v2.pdf

hi ya and welcome

can you please put all the dates and times back in the NTK 

we need those

and yes still the same advice

they cant over rule airport byelaws.

I notice these are operator pix too

so I bet the timing for the NTK is wrong as its NOT an ANPR capture

please complete this:

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

1 Date of the infringement - 25/3/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 2/4/19

3 Date received - not recorded

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] - No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] - No (should I do this - advice on line is conflicting)

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up - NA

7 Who is the parking company? - Vehicle Control Services Limited

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Liverpool, L24 1YD

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. - Independent Appeals Service (IAS)

I need to appeal or pay by tomorrow to only pay £60 not £100.  I have no intention of paying so should I appeal?

Thank you for your help

Liverpool JLA PCN v3.pdf

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

So I intend to send this tomorrow?

Dear VCS,

In reply to your letter sent on xx/xx/2019.

There has been no breach of any contractual agreement therefore I owe you nothing.

Regards

unless that's what another thread suggests no

I thought those types of letter were only for when you get a letter of claim from a solicitor?

dx

Thanks.  So you have saved me a letter.  As I do not intend to pay there is no value in writing at all!

I would hold fire and let them waste their money on chasing you for a bit first. the yu can tell them that you know there was no breach of contract because a sign saying no stopping is prohibitive and not an offer of parking and thet they are well aware of this becasue they keep losing court claims for the same.

If you let them know this now they will ignore your letter and keep hassling you anyway

Posted (edited)
On 15/04/2019 at 14:23, Baguettes54 said:

Thanks.  So you have saved me a letter.  As I do not intend to pay there is no value in writing at all!

I had the same issue with VCS at Liverpool Airport last year although I was the keeper, not the driver, of the car.

If you have a read of this post - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408248-vcs-pcn-liverpool-airport-no-stopping/#comments - you can read all the helpful advice I received.

If you go straight to comment #42 you can read the exact wording of the letter I sent to their lawyers (wording courtesy of EricsBrother if I remember right) after I received their Letter Before Action

Never heard a word from them after the letter apart from a couple of weird emails that were easily ignored.

Keep the faith...

Edited by _Ray_
  • Like 1

no change at JLA, the byelaws still trump their stupid signs and no stopping is still not a contract to park so lose lose for them.

They know this so may well eve go as far as issuing a court claim before they give up but only if you show you understand why their letter is a waste of ink.

You can sue tem for breach of the GDPR but again we would suggest that you leave that until after they have shot their bolt

Just an update. I have now received a Demand for Payment which says that they may commence legal proceedings if I do not pay, increases the payment to £160 and puts my case in the hands of their Debt Management Team. It also references ParkingEye Limited v Beavis UKSC 67 in the Supreme Court.

Thanks for you input and support so far.

Just file that one. Nothing to see here, move along please 🤣

Beavis is of no consequence here it is a prohibition not a Contract, you haven't agreed to any Contract that allows them to charge you £100, £160, or even one penny.  As ericsbrother says the Byelaws hold precedence over anything VCS can do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Please fill in your quit date here