so what are you debts please

and are you looking at any shortfall.

shame you didn't come here for advice on the VR, we might have been able to minimise your loss or even stop you having to VR, that's never a good idea.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

So, we have ;

£14k on credit cards (Capital One, Barclaycard, Fluid)

£4.5k catalogues

£200 EON-not current provider

£600 Coop energy-not current provider

£1100 for the PPI claim company fee (the payout I never received-so would dispute this 'fee')

£200-misc (a training provider and insurance 'cancellation fee')

£4.5k- mortgage shortfall (property is now sold and we have a letter to state that this is the shortfall-it was a shared ownership property)

We have had very poor advice over the past year or so. Only now am I realising that the person we had trusted as a 'debt solutions advisor' and took about £700 of our money, was in fact a fraud-targeting vulnerable, desperate people, that have reached rock bottom.

Like I said in my previous post, I take full responsibility for the mess we are in, but am just desperately trying to find the best solution now.

Thanks

Lyndsey

theres no debt there that requires you to go BK.

aw you really appear to have had terrible advice

you really should have kept us upto date last year

seems like all of it even the repo could have been avoided.

there is seriously nothing anyone that owns any of those debts can actually do to you esp the old util bills

and some spoofing PPI reclaim company!!

oh and name and shame please!!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

It is becoming evident now that we really have had appalling advice and paid £700 for the pleasure. I'm on a mission now to bring this fraudster down, stop him from preying on vulnerable people in the future. Could name and shame him also but would have to be in a private msg.....for now at least.

We've had a few creditors contact since our IVA failed in December, but nowhere near all. And even some of the larger debts haven't been in contact yet.

The PPI claim company was.....wait for it...….Claims Advisory Group! They did negotiate a claim of about £3k from one of our previous accounts BUT the claim was never paid out (even though we were in the IVA at the time, we got statements from them that showed they had never received the payment).

So, do we just deal with every letter/debt as it comes along, try to do f&f settlements, would that work for the newly acquired mortgage shortfall too, because it hasn't been 'sold on' yet, would they still accept less? Many of the creditors don't have our new address, the correspondence we have been receiving has come through redirected mail. We wouldn't want them tracking us down and calling at our new address.

Thanks

doesn't matter if they do 

a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS!!

wise up!

now are all your debt still with the original lenders or have they ben sold on to fleecing powerless DCA's

I wouldnt really worry about any of them.

VERY little they can do

and even if they try for a CCJ, you've no assets anyway.

don't hide

its the worst thing you can do.

get on voters

look at your credit file

and WRITE to the owners of any debt that shows and or any other debt that doesn't show that you last paid within 6yrs with your correct address

that's all you've got to do

then you PROTECT against backdoor CCJ's you cant defend or know about.

don't 100% believe post redirect guarantees you getting anything with a court stamp on it..it DOESNT we've seen this time and time again.

ps not sure if its here already. but roughly when did you stop payments?

and are any of your debts on CRA files defaulted

if so whats the date.

maybe expand your list a wee bit with more info?

dx

I can only echo the above advice from experience, all you need to do is keep creditors informed in writing of your current address. 

Forget F&F payments, you will be wasting your money, forget bankrupcy, do not talk to anyone on the phone, everything in writing.

Your priority now is to pay rent, council tax, heat , food and transport. Do not pay any of your creditors!

Thanks for the replies.

So don't part with any money? Not even token payments? What will happen if we just don't pay?

I appreciate what Dx said about DCA's not having power like Bailiffs (when wpuld Bailiffs get involved?) BUT for me it's like saying would I rather be bitten by a crocodile or a dog...a bites a bite...don't want a visit from either. ..🙁

A list below of who has the debt;

Meriden Investments Ltd- PPI claim fee working for Claims Advisory Group and have chased since IVA failed.

Arrow global have the MBNA cc debt and have been in contact since IVA failed.

Eversheds Sutherland have one of the smaller cc debts

All the capital one accounts (x4) are still with Capital One-they've written the most since IVA failed 

PRA Group have 2 catalogue debts and the barclaycard cc-these have stated a f&f settlement would be considered on the catalogue debts. 

LCS have the Coop energy debt and currently have me on a 30 days hold on 'action'

The Mortgage shortfall-the letter came from a solicitor acting on their behalf and stated I should contact them to arrange payment

We stopped paying the IVA in June last year and this failed in December-no payments made since.

I can't see any defaults on my credit file on clearscore.

Thanks

Lyndsey 

Really sorry and I say this with the greatest respect but you just haven't listened to anyone here, nobody is going to come and visit you. You are a million miles from there right now. 

Everybody can be safely ignored, (however if your Tax Credits Over payment  and council tax are still in arrears this will need to be addressed at some point.). However, every debt with a DCA, just forget about it, aside from letting them know your current address.

All token payments that you make are simply restarting the 6 year statute barred clock, that is why you should not make them.  The DCA's can send letters all they want but it doesn't change the fact that they have zero legal powers.

Why won't you listen, I have been in far more debt to the same people as you, I listened to the advice on this site and didn't pay one penny, now am nearly in the clear.  

Again, thanks for the replies.

A little harsh if I'm being honest and not really what I need right now when I'm suffering from anxiety and depression.

Yes you've all been there and come out of the other side BUT it feels very against the grain for me to just ignore them and pls don't forget I come from having a shed load of bad advice...it's not always easy to see the right thing to do at the time

I am listening to what is being said, am grateful and will follow advice I just need to ask the questions to be clear in my mind what will happen if....etc.

I had VERY threatening letters and conversations  from Jacobs recovery regarding a leisure subscription..very intimidating and they stated that they would visit the property, that's why I mentioned about DCA visits.

Thanks

Lyndsey 

Yup, being harsh because you need it. Bad advice is coming from the people who want to take your money. Good advice is coming from people on here who just want to help.

DCA’s threats to send someone around is idle.

Okay well what is this Jacobs issue? 

Have you checked your Credit Files with all 3 agencies? 

Do either of you have any CCJs?

Jacobs acting as dca's IGNORE THEM as gyms don't do court so they cant be acting as bailiffs.

if you'd listened and engaged with us last year, even when things got worse, you'd probably still have the home too

but never mind we are where we are now and that's it.

so the basic rules again.

never ever converse on the phone or EMAIL about ANY DEBT TO ANYONE. you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to do so.

writing only ..PUT THE PHONE DOWN..block and bounce any emails sent and email addresses used

never ever converse at your door about ANY DEBT TO ANYONE. you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to do so.

tell them to leave your property and never to return else you'll call police 101.

WRITE to everyone...

those debts with DCA's simply state THEIR ref number and your new address THAT IS ALL

the debts still with the ORIGINAL CREDITORS i'd be sending this:

it will kill 2 birds

1 give them your correct address

2. puts them on the back foot. they must help you. [even if you are offering £1PCM]

that's it really.

when you get any deforestation through your door

come HERE with it and well advise what to do..

and I mean for ANY DEBT..ANY LETTERs

no running off to other sources please!!🤗

Ok, thanks @London1971, I have received my virtual slap!

And @dx100uk, I promise, I'll stick with this site now, the conflicting info received from other sources is mind boggling! 

@fkofilee, the Jacobs issue is resolved (I ended up calling the automated line and paying it off). No, I have only checked our credit files with clearscore so I will take a look at these tonight- Equifax, Experian and..?

So, just to clarify-next step is writing off to everyone to change address (even if they don't appear on our credit files?)-but no offer of token payment for ones with DCAs, only to the ones still with the original creditor? So the statute barr that you spoke of @London1971 only applies to debts with DCAs?

Then detail any response/correspondence I get through from any creditor for advice?

Thanks

SB for any debt is 6yrs from last payment.

not sure why you paid Jacobs??

who proved you owed the money!!

please don't do that again...

if that debt had not been to court and it hadn't.??.you've just paid for his drinks down the pub with his mates tonight.

dx

Yup, you really shouldn't have paid Jacobs.  That's money to feed your family or heat your home, given to someone who probably has no legal right to enforce the debt.  

You are wasting your money by paying any of these debts, instead of worrying about these idiots sending you idle threats, you should be busy making sure that you can pay the bills that matter like rent and heating.

Everyone non essential can go sing for their money.

Please fill in your quit date here