• Tweets

• Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Knightsbridge/CreditFix IVA - treated me very badly - thinking of BK now - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

theres no debt there that requires you to go BK.

aw you really appear to have had terrible advice

you really should have kept us upto date last year

seems like all of it even the repo could have been avoided.

there is seriously nothing anyone that owns any of those debts can actually do to you esp the old util bills

and some spoofing PPI reclaim company!!

oh and name and shame please!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is becoming evident now that we really have had appalling advice and paid £700 for the pleasure.

I'm on a mission now to bring this fraudster down, stop him from preying on vulnerable people in the future.

Could name and shame him also but would have to be in a private msg.....for now at least.

We've had a few creditors contact since our IVA failed in December, but nowhere near all.

And even some of the larger debts haven't been in contact yet.

The PPI claim company was.....wait for it...….Claims Advisory Group!

They did negotiate a claim of about £3k from one of our previous accounts BUT the claim was never paid out

(even though we were in the IVA at the time, we got statements from them that showed they had never received the payment).

Do we just deal with every letter/debt as it comes along, try to do f&f settlements,

would that work for the newly acquired mortgage shortfall too,

because it hasn't been 'sold on' yet,

would they still accept less?

Many of the creditors don't have our new address,

the correspondence we have been receiving has come through redirected mail.

We wouldn't want them tracking us down and calling at our new address.

Thanks

doesn't matter if they do 

a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS!!

wise up!

now are all your debt still with the original lenders or have they ben sold on to fleecing powerless DCA's

I wouldnt really worry about any of them.

VERY little they can do

and even if they try for a CCJ, you've no assets anyway.

don't hide

its the worst thing you can do.

get on voters

look at your credit file

and WRITE to the owners of any debt that shows and or any other debt that doesn't show that you last paid within 6yrs with your correct address

that's all you've got to do

then you PROTECT against backdoor CCJ's you cant defend or know about.

don't 100% believe post redirect guarantees you getting anything with a court stamp on it..it DOESNT we've seen this time and time again.

ps not sure if its here already. but roughly when did you stop payments?

and are any of your debts on CRA files defaulted

if so whats the date.

maybe expand your list a wee bit with more info?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can only echo the above advice from experience, all you need to do is keep creditors informed in writing of your current address. 

Forget F&F payments, you will be wasting your money, forget bankrupcy, do not talk to anyone on the phone, everything in writing.

Your priority now is to pay rent, council tax, heat , food and transport. Do not pay any of your creditors!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the replies.

So don't part with any money? Not even token payments? What will happen if we just don't pay?

I appreciate what Dx said about DCA's not having power like Bailiffs (when wpuld Bailiffs get involved?) BUT for me it's like saying would I rather be bitten by a crocodile or a dog...a bites a bite...don't want a visit from either. ..🙁

A list below of who has the debt;

Meriden Investments Ltd-PPI claim fee working for Claims Advisory Group and have chased since IVA failed.

Arrow global have the MBNA cc debt and have been in contact since IVA failed.

Eversheds Sutherland have one of the smaller cc debts

All the capital one accounts (x4) are still with Capital One-they've written the most since IVA failed 

PRA Group have 2 catalogue debts and the barclaycard cc-these have stated a f&f settlement would be considered on the catalogue debts. 

LCS have the Coop energy debt and currently have me on a 30 days hold on 'action'

The Mortgage shortfall-the letter came from a solicitor acting on their behalf and stated I should contact them to arrange payment

We stopped paying the IVA in June last year and this failed in December-no payments made since.

I can't see any defaults on my credit file on clearscore.

Thanks

Lyndsey 

Really sorry and I say this with the greatest respect but you just haven't listened to anyone here, nobody is going to come and visit you. You are a million miles from there right now. 

Everybody can be safely ignored, (however if your Tax Credits Over payment  and council tax are still in arrears this will need to be addressed at some point.). However, every debt with a DCA, just forget about it, aside from letting them know your current address.

All token payments that you make are simply restarting the 6 year statute barred clock, that is why you should not make them.  The DCA's can send letters all they want but it doesn't change the fact that they have zero legal powers.

Why won't you listen, I have been in far more debt to the same people as you, I listened to the advice on this site and didn't pay one penny, now am nearly in the clear.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Again, thanks for the replies.

A little harsh if I'm being honest and not really what I need right now when I'm suffering from anxiety and depression.

Yes you've all been there and come out of the other side BUT it feels very against the grain for me to just ignore them and pls don't forget I come from having a shed load of bad advice...it's not always easy to see the right thing to do at the time

I am listening to what is being said, am grateful and will follow advice I just need to ask the questions to be clear in my mind what will happen if....etc.

I had VERY threatening letters and conversations  from Jacobs recovery regarding a leisure subscription..very intimidating and they stated that they would visit the property, that's why I mentioned about DCA visits.

Thanks

Lyndsey 

Yup, being harsh because you need it. Bad advice is coming from the people who want to take your money. Good advice is coming from people on here who just want to help.

DCA’s threats to send someone around is idle.

Jacobs acting as dca's IGNORE THEM as gyms don't do court so they cant be acting as bailiffs.

if you'd listened and engaged with us last year, even when things got worse, you'd probably still have the home too

but never mind we are where we are now and that's it.

so the basic rules again.

never ever converse on the phone or EMAIL about ANY DEBT TO ANYONE. you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to do so.

writing only ..PUT THE PHONE DOWN..block and bounce any emails sent and email addresses used

never ever converse at your door about ANY DEBT TO ANYONE. you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION to do so.

tell them to leave your property and never to return else you'll call police 101.

WRITE to everyone...

those debts with DCA's simply state THEIR ref number and your new address THAT IS ALL

the debts still with the ORIGINAL CREDITORS i'd be sending this:

it will kill 2 birds

1 give them your correct address

2. puts them on the back foot. they must help you. [even if you are offering £1PCM]

that's it really.

when you get any deforestation through your door

come HERE with it and well advise what to do..

and I mean for ANY DEBT..ANY LETTERs

no running off to other sources please!!🤗

and they

Ok, thanks @London1971, I have received my virtual slap!

And @dx100uk, I promise, I'll stick with this site now, the conflicting info received from other sources is mind boggling! 

@fkofilee, the Jacobs issue is resolved (I ended up calling the automated line and paying it off). No, I have only checked our credit files with clearscore so I will take a look at these tonight-Equifax, Experian and..?

So, just to clarify-next step is writing off to everyone to change address (even if they don't appear on our credit files?)-but no offer of token payment for ones with DCAs, only to the ones still with the original creditor? So the statute barr that you spoke of @London1971 only applies to debts with DCAs?

Then detail any response/correspondence I get through from any creditor for advice?

Thanks

SB for any debt is 6yrs from last payment.

not sure why you paid Jacobs??

who proved you owed the money!!

please don't do that again...

if that debt had not been to court and it hadn't.??.you've just paid for his drinks down the pub with his mates tonight.

dx

and they

Yup, you really shouldn't have paid Jacobs.  That's money to feed your family or heat your home, given to someone who probably has no legal right to enforce the debt.  

You are wasting your money by paying any of these debts, instead of worrying about these idiots sending you idle threats, you should be busy making sure that you can pay the bills that matter like rent and heating.

Everyone non essential can go sing for their money.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been writing the letters to all our creditors over the weekend ready to send off. But have received one this morning from Drydensfairfax, who have had the debt 'transferred' from Eversheds Sutherland.

The letter received just states that they know that our IVA has failed and that they seek repayment of the balance. That I should contact them within 7 days of the letter to discuss repayment.

How do people advised to respond/not respond?

Thanks

you deal with their stated CLIENT.

as you probably are already

and they

What do you mean by 'deal' with the client? Tbh I don't even know who the original creditor for this account is. They just state that it was with Eversheds now with them..Because it was in the IVA I've totally lost track of who all the original creditors were...

I am really trying to get my head around sorting through what letters I need to send where but I wondered..when people have said to write to the  original creditors that still own the debt and offer token payments, how long would that go on? As in, they surely won't just accept these token payments forever until the debt is cleared? 

drydens are a solicitor they are not a debt owner nor a debt buyer

every letter from them must state the client that they have been employed by.

as for the future, you are being shown the correct way to deal with your debts.

one step at a time please.

learn how to walk first...thus getting your ducks inline..

then when they are nicely under control, we will move things forward.

now I have no wish to continue to support the very bad advice you've had from everywhere until you came to CAG.

with that we've got to somewhat reprogram you...

one of the empowering things of cag is its past history of how people dealt with like situations.

they are here word for word

not some spin from a plonker in a chair that's only interested in his cut of your money.

Im going to move your topic to the debt self-help forum.

if you pop up the very top here and click the debt self help bit in grey  between > and >

you'll see losts of other peoples experiences to read

the more you read the stronger we become

and they

The most important priority is to send off your new address to each and every one who is chasing you.  A simple letter will do, with your name and account number.  Remember to get free proof of posting at the Post Office.

Once you have done this we can deal with each one separately.  For example I know exactly what to do with old council tax bills and Tax Credit over payments, having been 5k and 12k in debt to them respectively in the past. There is so much knowledge and experience on here that can help you, and hopefully show you that you really don't have anything to worry about.

I've looked at our credit files today on Equifax and checkmyfile.

I would say not even half of the debts appear on there.

And one or two that were in our IVA appear as 'settled' like our old bank (Natwest) overdraft.

from what I can see on our credit reports,

we have two capital one credit cards each

-status defaulted so still with them

I have written to capital one directly and offered small token payments/month.

Then I have Arrow (an MBNA cc debt)

my husband has PRA (a Barclaycard cc debt)

do I write my letters to Arrow and PRA or MBNA and Barclaycard?

Similar to the one I mentioned the other day from Max recovery/Drydensfairfax solicitors

-I honestly cant figure out which account it corresponds to

-it doesn't appear on my list of creditors from the IVA (the creditor themselves Royal Bank of Scotland) or the amount outstanding and certainly doesn't appear on either of our credit reports,

do I leave it and see if I get anymore correspondence from them?

Also I'm coming to the end of a 30 hold with LCS who are handling my Coop energy debt.

I had been speaking with them on the phone (before coming on here and realising I didn't HAVE to answer their calls etc).

Do I just leave it

-ignore calls and emails and wait for a letter to come through?

@London1971 I do have an outstanding balance with both council tax (which I have arranged a small monthly payment plan) and tax credits-although they said they hadn't had confirmation that our IVA had failed and that they couldn't arrange any kind of repayment until they had that...

Thanks

the card debts with dca's you sewd a CCa request.

ignore LCS..deal with theie CLIENT co-op directly.

might be better to start a new thread in the utils forum for that one.

as for the OD debt - wait and see who writes.

same for the drydens mystery debt.

looks like you were had blind on several here,

don't forget to get an sar off to credit fix and the previous muppets that ran things if they still exist.

somewhere there is an F&F pot I bet to reclaim. too

and they

So, I sent off 4x CCA's, 4x SAR's and 4x offer of token payment to Capital One on Wednesday.

Have received some correspondence from PRA Group (sending back my £1 postal orders 'as a gesture of goodwill' they don't charge the £1 fee!)

One of the letters is asking for some additional info (Date of birth, previous address and full name) before they can process my CCA request

-is this ok to send through?

The other two accounts with them they are happy to process-these are catalogue debts, the one they need more info for is a cc debt.

Thanks

Edited by Jaksmyboy

no need to send anything extra

Once someone fails 12+2 working days you stop any payments if you are/were paying

and they

nope not for a cca request.

as long as you either quoted their ref number or the original creditors account number on the CCA request they cant request any verification.

they've taken you for a fool in getting payment sout of you in the past I expect and think they can fool you again.

no cca = no pay.

and they

We've never paid a penny to PRA.. got transferred to them whilst in the IVA I think. 

Yes reference number was definitely quoted...can't remember whether theirs or Barclaycard but one or the other was quoted.

So, any response to them at all about it or just await something further from them?

Thanks