Hoseasons not give refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning, I was supposed to be going on holiday today  but due to unfortunate circumstances we are now not able to go

I informed  Hoseasons and was  bluntly told no refund even though we have taken out cancellation cover with them.

The reason can not go is due to one child has a chest infection and is on medicine, other one has Chicken pox and  to top it it my  daughters sister in law  suddenly passed away on Monday night, she leaves behing 3 children, one is only 2, their mum is in her early 30's

I emailed them and phoned, they said a death certificate to prove it! had no response from them since despite getting resolver involved, the holiday cost me £800 for 2 weeks and is a lot of money to loose

Do I wait to see what resolver suggest or what, came here to ask as you can imagine how upset we all  are at this difficult time

TIA, 

Love, Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I normally find hoseasons very good

I've cancelled twice in previous years

once just 48 hours before due to arrive.

and never bothered with the extra insurance.

how many days before start date did you 1st inform them by

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

told them Tuesday morning, as you know chicken pox is contagious ,

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hoseasons  have just replied , basically saying no refund and they are  sending me a letter, seems they want proof which is not on. 

I can not afford to loose  this  sort of money, guess have wait for the letter

cant see why you cant give it?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is their reply

I am sorry to learn that you are dissatisfied with the terms of the standard booking conditions.

I would like to assure you that my colleagues intentions were genuine when advising you of the sufficient evidence required when you cancel your booking and claim under the standard booking conditions. We have every sympathy for your situation however we do make every effort to make our booking conditions transparent.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Emily

Hoseasons

do I send this to resolver or what?

I would imagine they may be refusing because the death although very sad is not classed as a close family member. For the children you would need to provide a letter from your GP - which will probably be chargeable - to prove their illnesses.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The oldest one was sent home from school,we had to obtain a letter  from the Doctor to take to school saying what was wrong with the child, I can obtain a copy of that , the other child is only a baby and  was given a course of antibiotics ,

am not expecting all money back but  most be nice, £800 is a lot to loose

Sandy xx

that letter should be perfect evidence

and they

Hi plodderton

yes we took out  cancellation  insurance

DX thank you, seems they also want evidence  as well for the  death

all  have got for that is the message her husband has put on social media

I don't doubt Hoseasons Insurance will look after them rather than their customers. For a death they will need a death certificate - usually an original rather than a copy.

Have you seen the terms of their Cancellation Insurance?

Edited by ploddertom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I  did  read most of it  but is so long winded!  thing is  we lost  our dog recently and  had to take him off the holiday, they gave us a refund for that, no questions asked

I doubt  can get a certificate of death  as  she was not a member of my family, she was my daughters sister-in-law

they are  still  dragging their heels and want  proof, will not  accept copies. feel like  I am being called a liar.

Can  always show them pictures of the child who had spots and a picture of  the medicine the baby  was on.

I  will have to see  what resolver  say, had one  email from Hoseasons saying I may get a partial  refund but then get a letter today saying  proof needed

Sandy

Like hitting a brick wall,  surely insurance cover  means you are covered? I have never  had a problem before getting refunds, first and probably last  time go with Hoseasons , seems have lost nearly £800, not impressed

Thanks for the help so far

Sandy xx

You do need to provide proof of all this. For illnesses a letter from a medical professional who has diagnosed/treated the condition(s). For bereavements an original death certificate - not a photocopy.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HB, I need to check, have the documents as printed then off

Plodderton, the person who has passed away is my daughters sister in law so can not  really  ask for a certificate and the children are my grandchildren

is it possible I can get a chargeback as paid by  credit card

insurance is underwritten by AWP P&C SA and is administrated  in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance 

wont be a chargeback on a credit card

section 75.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Thank you dx,

was  worth asking, am not happy  that I probably not  get my £800 back

the credit card company under section 75 are equally liable.

dx

and they

UPDATE:

Have heard nothing back from Hoseasons,  we are still waiting  for funeral arrangements .

We were so looking forward to getting a break and not been away before for Easter.

I will not be using this company again and will advice others to stay clear, they treat you like cattle and charge  enough!

Sandy xx

maybe time to  name and shame  them on social media x so angry as they not even communicating with me atm

Funeral is May 1st