buypaintsonline - Completely wrong colour paint supplied

Pluffen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I ordered some brand exterior paint online from a retailer.

I ordered a darker green just in case it came out lighter on drying.

What they have supplied is a bright turquoise definitely not dark green.

I have advised them with 48 hours of delivery that it is completely the wrong colour.

I have supplied pictures of the paint in tin as well as a small test piece as requested by them and codes on tin.

They are saying that the paint I have is the right colour despite being completely different to their description and colour picture.

I realise there may be 2-3 shades difference depending on monitor quality, etc.

But this is bright blue not dark forest green.

Am I within my rights to request the correct colour or a refund if they refuse ?

It was a mixed colour listed on their website.

I read somewhere about online being covered under distance buying act or such.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated as this was not cheap paint.

Thanks in advance

This is an online purchase and you are entitled to reject the Items for any reason within 14 days. Put them on notice in writing and tell them that you will be returning the items and that you will require a full refund.

Which company are you dealing with please? How did you pay?

Hi Bankfodder It’s a company called ‘buypaintsonline’ and I paid with my visa debit card. It should be a dark British racing green colour and I have bright Caribbean turquoise blue. Lovely colour just not for my garden and def not what I ordered or was shown on their website

• BankFodder changed the title to buypaintsonline - Completely wrong colour paint supplied

Well as I said, you are entitled to return it. If there is any argument about the money then begin a chargeback procedure with your bank. Go to trust pilot and put a review there. Go to Google and put a review there.

The colour of the pain doesn't matter. Within 14 days you are entitled to return it for any reason.

If your bank causes problems about the chargeback then come back here.

• Thanks 1

Bankfodder thank you so much for taking the time to reply and advise me. I will email them now and see what their reply is. If it is not satisfactory I will contact my bank Monday morning and begin the chargeback process. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Once again many thanks 👍

Please keep us updated

You can return because of wrong colour,  but not for ANY reason within 14 days.

It's a mixed paint to customer specification,  so if the product is fit for purpose, this would  be one of the cases in which the customer cannot simply change their mind.

Thank you King12345 it’s because it was mixed it was a bit confusing. Tbh if it was any shade of dark green I wouldn’t bother I’d work with it. But bright turquoise is a bit far off lol. Waiting to hear off their reply now before I contact my bank 👍

Wrong colour, automatic refund/replacement. 

I ordered from them before and a pot arrived half open with paint spilled out.

They sent an immediate replacement and let me keep the opened paint.

Maybe they didn't want to deal with this just before a sunny weekend...

Wait monday, i'm sure they'll send you the correct paint.

• Thanks 1

Hi King12345 I hope so as I’m not normally one to complain. But I’d checked Sadolin Superdec swatch colours in a local store before I ordered it. I still expected a bit of colour variation but not this much lol I’ll keep my fingers crossed 🤞

Hun guys, so I have heard back this evening from ‘buypsintsonline’ they say I can return the paint and uponnreveiving the paint they will issue me with a refund. However I have to pay for the cost of returning it as they say that the paint has been mixed and supplied correctly. So they are still saying that the turquoise blue paint in the pictures I sent is the right paint ? How can it be when it’s supposed to be dark forest green ? I’m not happy about paying return postage when it’s clearly the completely wrong colour. Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance x

stuff 'em

do a chargeback.

if they want their paint back [why it will only go in the bin!!.]

let them pay for it to be returned.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will be tempted to return the paint and then attempt to recover the postage afterwards – possibly by doing a chargeback

Hi

I’ve spoken to my bank explained everything and they’ve started the process of charge back.

They will be in touch by tues to arrange email of all my correspondence to them with the paint company plus the photographic evidence. They have said if the company wants the paint back then they should make arrangements (cost wise) for it as it is not what was ordered.

I have emailed the company stating that their conditions for returning the paint (as stated on their website) at my cost is only in the case of me changing my mind.

Since this is not the case and they have supplied me with the wrong product initially then the cost of return postage is down to them.

Had they supplied the correct colour of dark green then there would be no reason to return it.

So now I’ll just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for all your input x

Hi

after a few more exchanged emails where they still refused to acknowledge the colour error and reiterated that I had return it at my cost, they have now agreed a full refund.

After I advised them I would get my refund as the process was already underway and all photos and correspondence had been forwarded onto the relevant dept as evidence.

They do not want the paint back so will donate it to a local centre for autistic children to use in their sensory garden area.

Massive thank you to all who took the time to reply to my post I am extremely grateful ☺️XX

• Like 1

Well done and thank you very much for updating us.

Also very nice gesture to give the paint to the autistic kids. Have you let the retailer know what you have done with the paint?

Hi Bankfodder yes I did, they said that they were pleased it wasn’t just getting thrown away. I said that the autistic kids will love it as it’s so bright and colourful. I’m glad some good will come of the mix up 👍

• Like 1