cuteypaula1

Universal credit proof of expenses

My husband and i are self employed, we have been on UC's since having our daughter in 2016.
They have asked for proof of expenses for the last 3 periods, which is fine but we have to make job centre appointments, take all the paperwork, for them to do what , go through it all and add it all up or what? Just a bit random i thought - anyone else had to do this?

No problem complying just wondering what on earth they are going to do - check every single invoice, add everything up etc - ugh i hate the job centre lol! Just wondered, thanks!

Self employment income and expenses reporting causes so much confusion, so they conduct checks of the details occasionally to make sure the reporting is in line with what was requested originally.  The only way they can do this, is for a Job Centre Work Coach trained in Self Employment to go through paperwork with you, so you can ask any questions about the process.

Without seeing what you have reported and details of your business, it is difficult to comment. But I have seen people who report expenses every month which are very close to income, so little income generated or they report expenses more than income generated over a number of months, which might indicate business may no longer be providing gainful employment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread