Capquest SD received

smug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i got a letter from capquest saying they are going to issue a SD for a debt i owe on or around the 13 jun

this debt is from 2001/02 possibly as this is when my wife left after emptying my accnts and maxed all my cards so it is almost certainly

statute barred

i was wondering on best course of action shud i just ask for the proof of this debt and state it is ststute barred

cheers in advance

thanks for link :D

had a message off postggj aswell with same advice im new to forums i play games on my pc lol

trying to find the prove the debt letter any one got a link wud be great as i dont know how to use forums or where too look for it

thanks smug

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

thanks everyone

found the prove it letter on barracad letter list via google. shud i send the statute barred letter first see if they respond and then send prove it letter after ?

thanks all so much

cool thanks will do it tomorow hopefully i will get the waiting for documentation letter and accnt put on hold bail out letter from them :wink:

let u know what happens

ty all

smug

thanks hard up

im a bit confused now as to which letter will be best the debt they are asking about i dont remember as it was such a long tme ago @8 years.

although they have traced it to me i dont know if it is real or just a sold on debt there trying their luck to collect on as all debts i had are now statute barred as ive made no payments to anyone or any contact for @8 years.

so shud i send the i dont know the debt in question as u kindly posted

(ty by the way) or wud the cca request to prove the debt to me be better as there trying to scare me with a stat demand

do you think i shud add a bit to the letter stating i will fight the sd they are trying to use and ask it to be set aside and i will also claim costs against them

thanks smug

Edited by smug

hi all

ref post 140 ok so i will for now just post the barred letter does anyone think it is ok to add a bit at the end to state

i will also fight any statutory demand you try to bring against me and have it set aside in court also claiming costs against you

thanks all

smug

If the debt is statued barred then that is a complete defence. There is no point adding it, if they are stupid enough to issue the SD then it will be money in your pocket. Keep copies of all letters sent and received

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

need some advice had a stat demand warning a while back and today recieved the stat demand from capquest ive been abroad had family emergency arrived back couple days ago so didnt get into replying to them sending the stat barred template tomorow adding i will set aside any stat demand and ask for costs see if there stupid enough to continue need some help on how to fill in set aside forms thanks in advance

hi again

im back again from overseas got stat demand 25 last month am sending barred debt template letter tomorow and have added i will claim costs against crapquest if they proceed with demand is it too late for them to pull out?? so shud i apply for set aside as its barred as i understand its a absolute if its a barred debt i dont have any ccj on my experian credit either

also any one who can help fill in those set aside forms pm me plz

• 2 months later...