ECP ANPR PCN - overstay - esso garage longbridge roundabout horley surrey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they don't have Planning they are knackered.  Lack of Planning is a Criminal matter, so no contract can be implied or offered.  Others will explain more.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If I opened a shop and started selling weed at £20 a bag, you came in, took 2 bags and left without paying, what recourse would I have in law?

They may not drop it, even if you point that out to them, but this should be so clear cut if they ever took it to court that even the worst of judges should find in your favour. In any event you would have the satisfaction of reporting them to the local planning for their breach.

they must have PP

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok, any advise on a letter template?

Could the letter 1st ask for proof of planning as a check they don`t have it or just state that the signs and anpr are illlegal, therefore contract breach?

or just say they haven`t got planning.

My thinking... Just because a cab driver hasn`t found it, doesn`t mean it doesn`t exist!

No don't say a dickie bird about planning, they usually "forget to apply" so shoot themselves in the foot, this you can use later if required.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you get the info and keep it for if tey are stupid enough to issue a court claim and then use it against them.

most parking co's are too ignorant to even know the laws they are supposed to work within and most of those that do know just wing it  and hope you dont know or tell lies to the court.

You wil not find advice here suggesting that you go and spend your time and effort doing their job for them. Let them supply the rope to hang themselves

ok My friend is not willing to go to court and I can understand this with confidence issues so he has a week to pay the reduced amount or send a letter.

Any recommendations on what to say, he spoke with the garage and it was a case of nothing they can do! susprise surprise!

I spoke to him thursday and he was ringing planning at the 3 councils to check and also to motor fuels group which I contacted on facebook.

Hi Andy, this site is owned and operated by an independent company, Motor Fuel Group, who are responsible for their parking policy. We recommend your friend gets in touch with them for support on this. Tel.: 0 1727 898899 E-mail: [email protected] Kind regards, Esso GB

• 3 weeks later...

The local press doesn't help when they report sob stories calling these egregious invoices as FINES.

• Like 1

mug!!

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Total mug, as this would have been one of the easier claims to see off.

Thanks though for coming back on here and letting everyone know the conclusion.  

yeah scared of court, which I can understand but I mainly helped out of principal(probably wrong spelling)!

I save dash cam when I go in there but the garage have lost £100/week customer through greed. another one!

the garage often dont understand what they are doing when they sign up these bandits.

The usual scenario is that the parking co cold call the landowner and tell them that they can cure their parking problems and offer  "management" of the site for free.

Now this seems like a win-win for the landowner but as we know the only way the parking co can then make money is to invent pettifogging rules that clobber the customer of the business that has signed them up.

When they realise that they get all of the flak and no increased business as a result of (supposedly) freeing up their parking spots it is too late to get out of the contract without paying a huge penalty

And the garage becomes  jointly and severally liable for the criminality if no planning permission sought by parking Cowboy for signage, after all they are acting with landowners authority.