• Tweets

• The dealer is MK autos ltd in Milton Keynes.   We know the car was serviced by bmw once, as we called to ask but about 2 years ago.  The car was brought for £10,995 but with finance cost total will be £22,000.. Eye watering amount but again we was pushed into a corner. I needed a car my mum has terminal lung cancer and I do all the hospital appointments. We thought that we would be safe for a while at least.   Again I forgot to mention that although the car had a "service" the rear brakes went and were replaced on the 15th June 2019..   We have paid so far in total £2260 in 6 months.   I am prepared to fight this!!  
    • What is the name of the dealer please? I'm afraid that you seem to have managed to miss certain important landmarks. If a defect occurs within the first 30 days then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option. Unfortunately you didn't assert this short-term right to reject and so you have lost the opportunity. After that, if a defect occurs within the first six months then you have the right to insist upon a repair and if the repair fails then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option. Unfortunately you haven't taken advantage of this. The dealer has claimed that a warranty has expired. It has nothing to do with warranties and in fact warranties tend to be extremely misleading because they tend to lull you into a sense that you have no other rights. This is not true. Under the Consumer Rights Act you are entitled to have a vehicle which is of satisfactory quality – given the price, age, and other relevant factors – and that it remains in a satisfactory condition for a reasonable period of time. On the basis of what you say it seems to me that the defects are serious enough to render the vehicle not of satisfactory quality. However, you are dealing with a dealer who is clearly unhelpful. I don't know why you haven't told us who he is – but you should do. You have taken out finance and although you reached out to the finance company at an early stage, they declined to get involved. They gave you a reason and it seems that you accepted this reason even though you don't seem to understand that the finance company has no friend of yours. Your interests are in conflict with theirs. Under section 75 of the consumer credit act, the finance company is liable to exactly the same extent as the dealer is. The chances are that you may have to take one or other of them to court. You certainly need to be prepared to do so and be prepared to threaten it in the hope that someone will put their hands up – but if they don't then you will go ahead with your threat. Don't bluff. You haven't told us how much you have paid for the vehicle. Also, have you sought an independent quotation for the repair work? On the basis that the dealer is probably going to remain uncooperative then you are probably looking at several months before this is sorted out. The way to deal with it will be to be extremely assertive and aggressive and we will help you if you have the will to do it.  
    • Quick update since it's been 4 months now - they never responded to the letter I sent and the case got passed onto Zinc. They try to phone/text me probably once or twice a week, I have never responded though. Blocking the number doesn't help, seems like they have an endless supply of disposable numbers which is a bit annoying, but whatever 😑. They also send me the occasional email reminding them that I "owe" them money too. I've never received any physical letters.   That's pretty much it. For anyone who came across this post because they're in a similar situation to the one I was, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just ignore them. These people are powerless. They'll try to contact you endlessly and it's a tiny bit annoying, but eventually they'll bugger off. Nobody will show up at your door. Your credit score won't be affected. Their whole business is based around trying to intimidate vulnerable people into paying money that they don't owe.
    • It depends from a lot of factors: 1. Is the timing chain a serviceable item, even by visual inspection? 2. At around 50k miles i would expect the manufacturer to step in for a snapped chain. IMO they shouldn't break on an almost new engine. 3. Was the car sold as fsh? From main dealer, vat registered garage or backstreet/tesco car park mechanic? 4. Did the chain break inside the 6 months?
  • Our picks

Blueboy7

Cabot/Mortimer PAP Letter - old Zopa Loan

ok good

let it run then.

I've sent you a PM with a secure email

send me the scans of the complete CCA return please

see if can get them up...

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

After sending the IRL to zopa still got no reply should I email them a copy ? Hopefully you received the docs I sent ? 

docs are in post 42

ring zopa and ask?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Thanks for doing that 

Zopa have emailed back and will look into account and get back within 3 days.

ok

I cant see the point in returning another pap form no.

as long as all the ref numbers are the same.

await zopa to reply to your IRL complaint.

dx

Zopa have emailed back again hereby there reply.....

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, in my role as a Complaints Officer at Zopa I have investigated the matter.

As I understand it, you are unhappy as you feel that Zopa are an irresponsible lender and shouldnt have allowed you to borrow funds as it wasnt affordable and if the relevant checks had been completed we would have seen this.

I would like to apologise if you feel that we have failed to take adequate steps when approving your loan and ensuring the loan was affordable before funding it, however, I would like to explain that when we review an online application, we take a holistic view of the information provided and must assume the person submitting the application is who they say they are and that the information they are providing is correct.

As we are lending other members of the publics monies, we have a very strict lending criteria that considers many things including the information we receive from the Credit Reference Agencies, how any historic debt has been maintained and debt to income ratios based on the information provided by you.

During the application process, we requested your personal information such as name, DOB, address, bank details and employment information. We will consider all of this information and complete further verification checks to see whether additional information or documentation is needed and on these occasions, we did not require any further documentation on your loan, and it was approved.

When you made your initial loan application on 28 May 2016 for the loan of £5,000 there were no signs of any adverse repayment history on your credit file that raised any concerns. Furthermore, your outgoings were compared to the income you detailed we had no concerns over your affordability and the loan was approved after documentation was uploaded to support your application which included two payslips.

Additionally, I can see that you successfully paid funds towards your loan until January 2017. We cannot be held responsible if your circumstances changed since the date you applied for lending with Zopa or if provided incorrect information on your application.

I hope that I have been able to clarify the circumstances surrounding your complaint and please note that under terms of our Complaints Procedure this is our final response. If you are dissatisfied with it you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. For more information please read the below link Your Complaint and the Ombudsman.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm

The address of the Financial Ombudsman Service is:

Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London

E14 9SR

was this not true then?

They are saying so ? 

when you took this loan out

was your credit file trashed and had lots of defaults.

asked you not them..

if it wasn't an IRL was always doomed to fail..

if it was bad and you have proof. time for the FOS.

dx

Not trashed as you would say,...or to what I've seen/read about on other threads, nothing else to do then now is there,...I not got the funds to pay it and just received another letter from a old moneyway loan, 120 call out charge to tell me I owe them money, I KNOW I DO...

o well, no money to pay them no one will give me a iva, Apparently I've not got enough money left over to live off as it is.... what to do next I do not know, 

you don't take out an iva or anything for consumer debt

call out charge?

Dont know what else to do..

Yes call out charge for another debt turned up from Alpha credit solutions..see pic 

God know what I'm to do,I'm in right mess about 10k worth 🤯

as with your other thread

PDF only please read upload

ive removed that as your name is on it.

dx

So what to next, if iva not the answer, 

And will try with pdf  

Let it run

Least of your worries

What you recommend I should do about the Mortimer scenario, ring or leave they threatening ccj and sent more of them forms again fill in, they already had them once 

where have we ever said ring ...

So you think should just leave the both of them and see what becomes of them, let them make a move.. 

one debt to one thread please

Bit of a update, received letter from Mortimer asking to call and discuss repayment plan within 7 days, or a field agent would be calling to have a discussion in relation to my financial situation and trying to sort payment plan out.. 

powerless ...

Best get some cake and biscuits in ...oh and dont forget the best china :becky:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hopefully 🤞

Really appreciate all the advice🤝🤝

I know must have picked your head dx🤯