Cabot/Mortimer PAP Letter - old Zopa Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, im after some help please,

This morning i received a letter from Mortimer clark solicitors in regards to cabot,

it  for a unsecured loan with zopa, from 2016,

they say there is a statement enclosed but it is just a cobot headed letter with open balance and date and closing balance and date which are both the same, no statement is in the letter, how do i know this is the amount?

They have enclosed lots of letters with boxs for me to fill in and sign also it has a expenditure form in and sign,

The solicitors has threatened that i have 30 days then it will be instructed to go to court for a ccj,

any ideas what im to do next pleased ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum ....Debt Collection Agencies.

Have you received something vaguely resembling the following ...?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406231-the-pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims-is-made-by-the-master-of-the-rolls-as-head-of-civil-justice-1st-oct-2017/

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

tell us a bit more about the history of this loan too?

is it n your credit file?

when did you take it out?

why did you stop paying?

when did you stop paying?

have you moved since you too it out too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Andyyorch & Dx100uk, thank you. 

the loan was taken out in 2016

Stopped paying due to wife losing job then i had wage cut so could only manage essentials,

tried for iva but didn't have enough to pay one of them,

His words were how you surviving you have more going out than coming in.. not moved house.

I trying to sign up for free credit report so will let you now if its on there.

In regards to the letter it looks all official and asking for my outgoings there is a dd mandate form

,No schedule of payments that has been made or any paperwork from zopa ! 

So its not from solicitor and not titled letter of claim?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes its headed from a solicitors Mortimer clark but says 

We need your attention potential legal action.we need to talk to you about this debt, if we do not hear from you cabot will ask us to issue court proceedings and then we will ask the court to order a CCJ 

At the end of the 1st page it says...cabot is flexible about repayment and would accept a reasonable offer of payment,based on what you can afford.

Send Cabot a Section 77 request in return,,,does it state an agreement number on this threat o gram ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

They have enclosed lots of letters with boxs for me to fill in and sign also it has a expenditure form in and sign,

Are you sure its not a PAP Letter before action as per link in post#2 ?

Easier for you to check the link I provided and see if the forms are the same...its just you referred to boxes to tick and 30 days.

Thought so....okay complete the form as per our instructions using our forms not theirs..and attach your section 77 request...job done.

• Like 1

There in the above link

no no and no.

and use our reply form not theirs!!

yes just realise Mortimer clarks PAP letter is different to everyone else and the recommended format

but thats cabot for you!!

and they

Had 3 calls this morning from Mortimer clark to contact them ? What kind of solicitor calls that many times..  also noticed that letter from them was dated 5/4/19 when only received on 11/4/19 !!!!

Desperate ones  DCAs disguised as Solicitors.

• Like 1

Do you remember the "two Ronnies" sketch about the tramps where one says "If I were Rockerfeller I would be richer than Rockerfeller" the other says "hows that then?"

" I would do a bit of window cleaning on the side"

Mortimers and others are exactly the same, they use their letterhead to do a bit on the side that isnt regulated activity because their SRA membership covers them. They are not acting in their capacity as a solicitor at this stage but sending back the suggetsed form will cut them off at the knees if they decide they ar working as a sloicitor because they have seen some easy meat

was this loan given to you whilst you have a shedfull of other debt and your credit file had lots of defaults and missed payment markers?

and they