PCN for parking at a McDonalds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First and foremost I drive a car that is in my dad's name: he bought it and gave it to me and I am the only driver.

I (my dad) got a ticket for being 35 minutes over the 90 allowed at a local McDonalds, a place at which colleagues and I meet regularly for work purposes.

UKPC sent a letter demanding £100 and now DRP have taken over and sent a follow up demanding £160.

Help and advice would be most welcome.  

Firstly....it's not a council PCN, it's a private parking invoice.

You can write to McDonald's to see if they will cancel the charge (with proof of being a patron of McDonald's) or fight it yourself- here's a useful place to start: [removed - dx]

• Like 1

Twitter - @memgrubb

--

If my post helped - please click the star icon below.

Thank you Memgrubb. Much appreciated. What about the fact that it is addressed to my dad? Should I get him to write to them and explain that I was the driver?

Edited by songbird123

Never identify who was driver. In fact, edit your existing posts on here to say "the driver" then read the various advice on this and other forums to decide on your course of action.

The first port of call should always be to appeal directly to the retailer in whos car park you received the invoice, in this case McDonald's.

However as most McDonald's are franchisees, I doubt you'll have much success.

When was the alleged overstay and when did your dad receive the initial letter from ukpc? (Notice to Keeper)

Edited by memgrubb

Twitter - @memgrubb

--

If my post helped - please click the star icon below.

could you please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they have used ANPR to capture images of the car reg and then sent out a NTK to the registered keeper as they are obliged to do.

Post up that NTK and tell us whe the date of the event was, the date the letter was received and any action the keeper or the driver have taken since.

We advise not contacting them or anyone else until you have had a chance to consider the advice we give.

As you appear to have left it a while asking MaccyD's to cancel will get you nowhere, the parking co's spit their dummies out when asked to cancel after they have thrown money at sending begging letters etc out so deal with the parking co directly when the time comes.

In the maenwhile of this branch is near to you go and take some pictures of the entrance from the public highway whether there are signs about parking there or not and also pictures of any different sign scattered about the place. If the signs are partially hidhen by wheelie bins or whatever then pictures from the normal driver's view to show they are hidden will also be needed as you cant agree to something you cant see.