After having to leave Dubai in 2010 due to work shortage & unable to repay a c/c and a car loan (with pre dated cheques), I have been unable to repay the debt since being back in the UK to date. 

I was chased by a recovery agency for a time but we were unable to agree on a repayment plan, heard nothing for the past 2years.

I have recently been offered a position back in dubai which would enable me to arrange repayment to HSBC but not sure how to go about it or if I would be arrested at the airport!? 

Does anyone have any experience of this or could offer any progression e direction? 

Thanks in advance 

odds on you might we'll be arrested..

it very difficult to tell for sure as there is so much non truth surrounding all these UAE debts that is purported by certain websites and believers there after that come to all forums inc here to know what is the actual truth.

I believe they have to have a judgement their side of the pond though to do so.

your best bet is to contact the original creditors themselves directly ….that way you know for sure the situation and negotiate with them poss repayment etc etc.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Why would you want to go back to somewhere that can chuck you in prison as soon as you arrive? If i had a lion and it bit my arm off I wouldnt be sticking my head in its mouth