You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Mountaingoat81

Return to UAE with bad debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 422 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After having to leave Dubai in 2010 due to work shortage & unable to repay a c/c and a car loan (with pre dated cheques), I have been unable to repay the debt since being back in the UK to date. 

I was chased by a recovery agency for a time but we were unable to agree on a repayment plan, heard nothing for the past 2years.

I have recently been offered a position back in dubai which would enable me to arrange repayment to HSBC but not sure how to go about it or if I would be arrested at the airport!? 

Does anyone have any experience of this or could offer any progression e direction? 

Thanks in advance 

odds on you might we'll be arrested..

it very difficult to tell for sure as there is so much non truth surrounding all these UAE debts that is purported by certain websites and believers there after that come to all forums inc here to know what is the actual truth.

I believe they have to have a judgement their side of the pond though to do so.

your best bet is to contact the original creditors themselves directly ….that way you know for sure the situation and negotiate with them poss repayment etc etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Why would you want to go back to somewhere that can chuck you in prison as soon as you arrive? If i had a lion and it bit my arm off I wouldnt be sticking my head in its mouth