HELP NEEDED TO FILL FORMS TO SUE EX LANDLORD***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone on here can help me with filling the right court forms or recommend someone that can help me out so I don’t mess it up.

My ex landlord refused to give me back my deposit when I moved out of his property early 2018 nor did he secure it in the government deposit scheme for the first 6 years of my rental. 

The flat had a recurrent damp problem that didn’t get fixed professionally and other issues that made living the very difficult for me due to chronic health problems. So I kept records for months especially over the damp wall because of complications with my lungs.

I checked the small claims  website and sent a pre suit letter to my ex landlord in October 2018. His lawyers wrote back to me with them lying that I caused the damp accompanied by a very low offer to settle which I turned down. I went to the Citizens Advice Bureau, the Mary Ward Legal Centre for assistance to fill my forms and they were useless. The CAB sent me to the Mary Ward legal centre, where they told me it’s a money claim even though it’s under £10k and advised me to go and see one of the 5 no win no fees lawyers whose details they printed for me. I rang 2 of those lawyers and they wanted me to pay £1000 retainers plus £100s per hour.

This situation is dragging on and I’m really desperate.  I’m on ESA the amount amount I ‘m suing for is £6469

1. Is this a money claim or small claim

2. Will I qualify for help with payment if on ESA/ PIP

3. When I fill form do I send court evidence along or take them to court 

Thanks for your help in advance 

For your purposes money claim and small claim are the same thing.

You probably do qualify for a fees waiver – but you will need to make your separate application.

You start sending evidence when you know that there's going to be a hearing and you are required to exchange your core bundle with the other side. That is some ways off

• 1 month later...

My ex Landlords and I have been come to a settlement agreement to avoid going to is a big weight off my shoulders. It was less than I initially asked for but am happy to leave the stress behind. I’ve also made a small donation towards the running of this platform. 

Thanks to envy/everyone who gave me some help and advice on this matter.

• AndyOrch changed the title to HELP NEEDED TO FILL FORMS TO SUE EX LANDLORD***Resolved***