Euro/gladstones PCN claimform - Chamberlain Buildings ***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you've got some weird ideas ...that's what a WS is for..

you blinked 1st

that's the pitfall of doing so 

you show your cards too early.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh I know you wont do that..:wink:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok-Went to court last week. The court process was mad, you couldn't move in there and the clerks were pleasant but it was like having a chat with the milkman.

No kind of guidance but we got in after 10 minutes, judge gave me the opportunity to speak on her behalf. She was articulate so it worked with both of us speaking.

He seemed to pad it out a lot. He made the point that GLADSTONES hadn't turned up because of the cost, he then said that the notices were misleading but noted that the signs they supplied didn't exist anywhere.

the most damning thing was they submitted two different witness statements and had attached one to ours.The judge asked a number of times had we sent the one from GLADSTONES with ours?? I thought the court staff may have stapled it together.

More importantly it was different to ours.

So after a reference that an image of theirs showed other cars parked outside of bays-he dismissed their claim.

now it has cost them £25 and whatever GLADSTONES admin fees but because we had had enough of this bullying we left the building so we have lost a couple of hours wages ,parking and postage costs, about £35  I spent about 4 months looking up references etc. Still glad I did it and thanks for the advice.

i will suggest to daughter that she should donate. The bigger issue is many others will fall foul of this type of entrapment.

• Thanks 1

Good result thread title updated.

Why didn't you ask for  costs for time off work/parking/ ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Andyorch changed the title to Euro/gladstones PCN claimform - Chamberlain Buildings ***Claim Dismissed***

thenm do so very quickly.

CPR 27.14.2(g) is the usual route but you will normally not stand a chance if the submission is more than a fortnight after the event as the judge will ahve written everything up. Within a week normally gets it considered though. Nothing to loseapart from a postage stamp and all to win

There is an interesting article on unreasonable behaviour here

http://becket-chambers.co.uk/2017/05/24/acid-test-unreasonable-acts-unreasonable-behaviour-costs-small-claims-track/

where a Judge commented that  The acid test is whether the conduct permits of a reasonable explanation…If so, the course adopted may be regarded as optimistic…but it is not unreasonable”.

Because of the 10 minute grace period the only way that they could win was if you, the defendant, had not turned up.

That would certainly have been optimistic but in order to win in those circumstances, they did need to turn up themselves! That they didn't speaks volumes for how little they thought their chances of winning were. Yet they pursued you over several months, ratcheting up their unmerited charges, using unregistered debt collectors and then solicitors to force you into paying an alleged amount that they knew never existed in the first place. the whole charade was a total abuse of Court procedures trying to frighten you into paying. Remind the Court that this will not have been the first time that they have done this to other motorists who have paid up rather than fight them in the Courts.

Thanks-I had read the link at the top but not the following article.

I kept it simple and delivered it by hand this for a nominal amount.

It is 10 days since the court date, so I will see if there is a positive resonse.

This morning**