HELP - DVLA have issued a CCJ against me

RichK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help me- think this is in the right place.

I have just viewed my credit report online with Equifax and have found out the reason I was recently refused a loan!

There is a CCJ issued gainst me on the 2/8/06. On calling the court involved it seems that it was applied for from the DVLA in respect of a car I sold around 18 months ago for car tax.

They said they had sent me 2 letters of which I havent received them as I moved Feb 05 to a new address and they sent them in April and June so I had no idea this was happening. I still wouldn't had I not applied for that loan and thus checked my credit report!

The DVLA person I spoke to on the number that the court gave me suggested the following.

1) pay the outstanding £100 fine

2) Reopen the case with the court - £65 cost)

3 write to them to investigate

If I just pay the £100 fine it will only appear as Satisfied and not be removed as it is more than a month after the issue date so I take it that will still effect my credit etc?

I know the person I sold the car to and his contact details etc. Anything I can do with regards the the DVLA etc with this maybe?

I don't know what to do. :-( :-( :-(

I suggest you must apply to the court to have the judgement set aside. Complete form 244 & include a signed & dated "Statement of Truth" setting out the circumstances such as when you sold the car, date that you notified Swansea (I hope) of sale. to whom you sold it & when you moved home etc

I would write to the DVLA and get them to do an internal investigaiton - avoids paying a court fee if they can sort it out first.

That's what the girl at the DVLA said. Think I'll go that 1st unless there's a time limit at the court for reopening the case?

Quick question, anyone know how long can go by before the CCJ can be completely removed? :)

At best you're looking at 4 months, as it is the DVLA that will have to process the court amendment, Registry Trust to remove the erroneous information and for this to filter through to your credit records.... and that's only if it all goes swiftly!

• Haha 1

Quite! As this adverse info is having an effect on your life I suggest the quickest route is a 'setting aside' application to the court then the DVLA will have to get their act together as they no longer have any control over the time line, but don't forget to give them a deadline for action followed by an LBA if they don't respond quick enough.

It was sent off but how can I prove it? I only sent it 1st class as normal. I moved house a month after so never received any confirmation that it had changed. Should have checked but I can't go back and change it now...... best foot forward :)