Admiral Car Insurance and CRAs

HSBCandMe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't think I have a leg to stand on but must ask:

My Direct Debit bounced for my car insurance premium and Admiral have marked a Late Payment on my CRFs and will charge me £7.20 penalty.

Is there anything I can do about it (short of paying them off and not renewing later in the year)?

Also, are there any insurers who do not grass you up to the CRAs for late premiums?

Edited by HSBCandMe

if you don't pay the cost of the insurance in one lump but opt for monthly payments, then you enter into a regulated credited agreement which quite rightly is reported to the agencies

if you then miss a payment and are late, they are quite entitled to mark your file.

but it shouldnt hurt you very much in terms of scoring or the availability of credit.

as for the penalty charge, that's unlawful under fca/oft rules and can be questioned to if you need to pay it.

though you might find its the finance company you need to complain too if its not financed by admiral themselves.

but eitherway its an unlawful penalty.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I received this letter (attached) today, from Admiral.

I have a few questions about it.

1. Is it true that that no one there is responsible for sending data to the CRAs?  Admiral state that they cannot give me a name and contact details for any sort of data manager or someone there who controls data sent to the CRAs? is that right? I thought all credit businesses had to have a data control manager who has discretion? 

2. They also state "You will be in Default under the Agreement: If any Direct Debits are refused by the Bank/Building Society within any policy term. “ The point I made is that I set the direct debit payment dates myself and, while some bounced, Admiral were paid within seven days of that under the same direct debit instruction (re-presented). Surely that is the “policy term”?  They also reported some missed DDs and not others, which is odd if, as they state, ALL DDs are reported electronically without human involvement.  I would also add that I have been with them about 10 years, without complaint, and they only started filing with the CRAs about 4 months ago.

3. Whether they will or not, surely there is a data controller at Admiral with the power to remove adverse data?

This seems to be a classic case of an unhelpful case worker at Admiral with “the computer says no” mind set.  

Admiral response 17.4.19.pdf

Admirals' refusal to provide me with the contact details of their data controller must be in breach of the DPA, surely?  Are they not required to have a data controller to exercise control over – and take responsibility for - the processing of customers’ data.?