Faulty Online Goods

silentmovieman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an item for my daughter from a website called GOTAMOCHI. We paid for it using her debit card (HSBC Junior Account, she's 13 years old) but within half an hour decided to cancel the order.

I emailed the company (as per the instructions on their website) but heard nothing back.

Long story short after several weeks and emails the item arrived but is faulty so as per their site again I requested an authorisation to return the item for a refund.

It has to be sent back to Canada which is going to cost a tenner but the company say they will only refund shipping if the item is faulty.

The fault itself is that the Bluetooth feature doesn't work but the company say that Bluetooth is not a feature of the product despite this being on the box and in the instruction manual and it being a feature that is used to sell the item to fans.

Therefore if I send it back I have a feeling that I'll be a tenner down and will probably struggle to get my refund anyway (a Google search shows the company is not the best).

Should I send it back or just open a transaction dispute with the bank to get refunded that way?

do a chargeback to your bank

forget about returning the item.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

20 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

do a chargeback to your bank

forget about returning the item.

Can you do a charge back on a debit card? I thought that was for credit cards only,that's why I was looking to go the transaction dispute route.

Never mind just read up about it so will go that route 

Edited by silentmovieman
Missed information

No section 75 is for credit cards...charge back for debit cards

https://gotamochi.com/pages/free-returns-exchanges

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No section 75 is for credit cards...charge back for debit cards

https://gotamochi.com/pages/free-returns-exchanges

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No.....follow the advice in the link..once you have exhausted complaints procedures with the retailer...ring/visit your Bank 

Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place it and doesn't end until 14 days have passed from the day your goods were delivered to you.