• Tweets

• Mrs Homer's squeaky friend has done it again, this time an overstay at Sainsbury's car park in Hornchurch Essex of 34 minutes over the allowed time of 2 hours   I tried to attach a scan but it keeps saying I can only upload 4.88 Mb whatever that means, I'm old and do not understand computers.   Date of the 'offence' 10th July   Date of the PCN 16th July   Date PCN received 18th July   No appeal or contact has been made with Horizon, Squeaky Friend does not have a Sainsburys receipt now.  
    • At least you got it over with.  Just wait for the court order to come so we can see what the judge has put,  but you will have to start making payments in line with his order from whatever date is on it.    
    • No direct answer for you I am afraid but their actions are surprising. Although banks can and do question unexpected large payments into bank accounts (large relative to what usually comes in) you wouldn't expect a payment from HMRC to be considered a suspicious transaction under money-laundering rules. And you've done the right thing, gone into branch with ID and proof of the source of the payment. Hopefully they will soon unfreeze your account.Sady in all banks local managers have virtually no say in what happens, it's all down to head office fraud and money laundering team.   Their suggestion that student accounts don't allow you to work is surely nonsense. The requirement in their t&c is that you must be on a full time course, not that you can't work as well. Their t&c say " You must be aged 18 or over and studying on a full-time UCAS registered course of two or more  years’ duration...". Nothing in the t&c about not being allowed to work as well, they made it up. It would be a strange student a/c that said you couldn't work ever - Nationwide must know  that most students need to take part-time/holiday jobs to pay their way through university (and have done for as long as student accounts have existed - at least 50 years!)
    • but no judgements yet..urm… think about it..
    • I could never thank you enough Ell-enn - And would never have been able to get through this without your help, support & guidance... Thank you so so much!   I found it all quite traumatic and distressing today - I managed to make myself look somewhat presentable for court and tried to stay as positive as I could, but had a pretty bad panic attack and broke down crying on the way to court, which melted my make-up and I felt very dizzy and unwell. The security staff were helpful and a lady appeared at desk in waiting room (usher I think) and told me that the rep for other side had been there all day, but had popped out for lunch. She said when he gets back he may want to talk to me. I felt like I was going to projectile vomit all over the waiting room. My head started pounding with a severe headache and I was worried I might pass out. He waltzed into the waiting room and stood towering over me at over 6 foot, but only looked about 12 years old.... Very cocky and stood too closely in my personal space. He told me to follow him into a private room for conference and I refused and told him I would prefer for the judge to decide.    Shortly after we were called into the judge. I don't recall his name but I don't think it was the same judge who issued the original possession order and he looked a little bit like Judge Rinder. I broke down crying again soon after sitting down and had to apologise to the judge, who seemed sympathetic. I felt so unwell, embarrassed and humiliated. I then had a panic attack during the hearing and was struggling to breathe - I must have looked such a state.    The judge asked what date the eviction was due to happen (Monday) and then asked me if I had any offers on the house yet and spoke to me briefly, but I could barely speak due to crying. He asked me about my expected return to work and I said I had suffered a nervous breakdown and wanted to be able to get back to work as soon as possible, that my GP had singed me off sick until mid-August and that I was currently on several medications which also affect my ability to work. He asked me if I wanted to say anything else and there was so much I felt I could have put across better, but just didn't feel able to and couldn't think clearly, so said no.   The judge said to the rep for Britannia that he felt concerned about this, but not sure exactly what he meant by that and then the other side stated they had clear instructions to take possession, that I had only paid them £10 and disagreed with my proposal to sell the property myself. The judge asked him if my offer of £50 towards arrears fell in line with Norgan case and the other side said yes. The rep stated that whatever it is I do for a living, my proposals could not be taken into account, as I had no proof or indication of my current income/expenditure.   The judge then came back to me and said he wouldn't be able to agree to more time for property to sell, but would have been able to do more if I had an offer in place / sale agreed. He asked me about my work and for a clearer indication of when I would be able to resume payments / pay a monthly amount towards the arrears. I said that I also had a spinal injury & had had surgery on my spine a few years ago and it was due to complications from that that I had initially been unable to work & fell into arrears and then went on to say that it was Britannias' actions that had caused my breakdown and he did snap at me a bit then and told me he didn't want to hear what Britannia had done, so I apologised. He asked me again when I thought I would be able to resume payments and I asked if September would be ok. I was shaking and having a pretty bad panic attack at that point.    The rep from other side then jumped in and said she needs to pay us straight away, and the judge then stated that he would make an order for me to make repayments from August and suspend the order on those terms. He said if I fell into difficulties again we would be back here again and said that they may be able to help me again if that happened. He asked if that was ok for me and I felt pressured to agree as I didn't feel able to do any other.... I am now now worried about my ability to do this, but obviously relieved at the same time. I think the rep for the other side was a bit p**sed off... He was quite ignorant and I feel traumatised...I feel sorry for the judge having to see me in state like that.   As soon as we had left the room the rep came right up behind me calling my name and told me he needed my updated phone number so that he could contact me. He looked a little bit psychopathic at that point and I told him I didn't want to speak to him and walked off.... I was so dazed I went in the wrong direction when I left the court building and it wasn't until I looked in mirror later that I realised I had tissue paper stuck all over my face from where I had been drying my tears... I HATE Britannia for making me go through that, especially under such poor health.... Which they have caused me!   Thank you again so much for all of your kind wishes and assistance - Especially Ell-enn, as without your help I would be facing Bailiff eviction next week - And still won't sleep until that time has passed.... xx         
  • Our picks

westham1

Vauxhall Finance Notice of assignment of debt to Debt Managers

So let me get this striaght and i apologise for my lack of educatuon re this matter.

if The CCA request that i sent isn't met by the Debt company they can still send bailiffs round and harass me ?.

And if the 12+2 days lapse and nothing is sent what do i do from there? 

bailiffs??

where the beep do they come into it?

has this been to court

you lost the case

and its more than 28days since the judge told you to payup?

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY DEBT.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Ok well that makes me feel alot better then.

No it hasn't been to court, and to be honest I'm just worried about it all. 

As told above, I've stopped all payments, sent a CCA request to the new debt company and a SAR to Vauxhall. I shall wait untill the 25th and return with news hopefully. Thank you for the help I really do appreciate it.

pers id start on a serious complaint letter about the way Vauxhall finance have treated you as I outlines earlier.

atleast you HAVE the agreement, so will know that id the fleecing DCA do send anything. it must be IDENTICAL to what you hold.

I bet it wont be if they do respond.

dx

• Like 1

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Good afternoon. 

Well the 12+2 days are up for the CCA from the Debt company. 

So what's the plan now?, do i just wait and ignore other letters or are there others I can send in return to sod them off lol.  Many thanks you have all been so helpful.

Ignore any correspondence until they can comply with your request

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What happens if they persist, threaten legal action or come knocking at my door ?

Let them threaten...until they can comply with your legal request pursuant to section 79 of The CCA1974...they would be  foolish to attempt litigation.

If they do eventually provide then you can enter into a payment plan if a legitimate debt exists and they have provided all the necessary paperwork that entitles them to persist...threaten legal action.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

already answered in post 62..

nothing

a dca is not a bailiff and are totally powerless

Ok that's great . So may I ask, why is there a time limit for them to answer the CCA request ?

its part of the consumer credit act.

Because that what the Consumer credit act dictates ...12 days is ample time for the owner of the debt to provide disclosure and show they are legally entitled to enforce the agreement....without an agreement its not going anywhere near a court room.

Ok that's great. Once again many thanks for all the help and let's hope they just fade away . 🤞🏼

Good morning all .

So after a quite a while the debt management company have replied by sending two letters to me - please see attached. They have also annoyingly called my parents to see if I live there which was not appreciated, even tho I've told them my new address. Please advise. Many thanks 

20190511_114015.jpg

20190511_113829.jpg

Ignore

Pdf only next time please

Sorry.

And thank you

Its all meaningless until they can provide and comply with your section 79 request.

• Like 1

Goodmorning 

It seems the debt company are ramping up the threats which I don't appreciate and is making me very anxious to be honest. Is there anything I can send letter wise to stop this or reafraim that they are harassing me for no reason. Many thanks 

20190517_115847.pdf

Option 1 is not an option as they have not complied with your section 79 request.

Option 2 simply means more letters  to pick up off your doormat and open to file.

Dear Sirs thank you for your letter dated 11th May 2009 of which the contents are noted.However it appears that I am still waiting for a response to my section 79 request dated xxxxx.

This may be an oversight on your part now if you cant comply this may be an active choice on your behalf.If you ignore my request I will remind you that pursuant to sections 77-79 of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 you are compelled to comply within 12+2 days.Until such time you can comply please bear in mind....

Section 79 CCA1974

(3)If the owner under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;F2

Regards

That's great thank you. 

My wife is so anxious now she just caved and said "just call them" .......... NO CHANCE

ive hidden your upload

you might want to remember in the future to remove the QR box and the long ref number above that.

as they might read here and see your wife is quaking in her boots about powerless visitors poss coming.

Ah bugger!!! Sorry missed that thank you.

Good evening. 

The vultures have replied once again to my most recent letter sent. 

Please see attached the letter received from them. 

Sounds alot less vicious than the last.

Altho still confused, if they know where I live why ask for my original address that the car was registered ?

Many thanks and thank you all.

20190528_183257.pdf 20190528_183109.pdf

ignore then until they comply

don't enter into any more pointless letter tennis

they know the score.

dx