GXS Services Ltd windscreen PCN - residential - Location: West Sussex.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings to the best forum ever!

I received a PCN in my own space (rented flat) in early February asking me to pay £100. I decided to ignore it and not appeal to the parking company.

Then, 32 days later I received a Notice to Driver Letter (?!) that confused me as I was expecting a Notice to Keeper one (if I understood well).

This letter "invites me" to pay £100 or identify the driver and his/her address.

I would be grateful if you could give me a piece of advice?

Please find details below:

1 Date of the infringement: 11 February 2019

2 Date on the NTK: Never received NTK but I received NTD 22 March 2019

3 Date received: 24-25 March (I cannot remember exactly)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?: No (on the NTD)

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, 3 photos. 2 of the windscreen without a permit and one of the back side of the car

6 Have you appealed?: No

Have you had a response?: N/a

7 Who is the parking company? GXS Services Ltd

8. Where exactly: Allocated parking space outside the block. Location: West Sussex.

Many thanks!

• dx100uk changed the title to GXS Services Ltd windscreen PCN - residential - Location: West Sussex.

have you a permit?

not that it matters you have supremacy of contract over any stupip PPC and their speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you post up pictures of any signage at the entrance and adjacent to your space, also is it a "Gated" development?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

one multipage PDF only please 

read upload

do not post pictures directly to a post here as JPG's

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it is not gated. The allocated space is a 3 min walk from the the apartment. In between there is a shopping centre parking that is regulated by the local council. Funnily enough, you can park for free there after 6.00pm and I got a PCN at 7.00pm in my own space :) . Please see photos as requested.

PCN Feb.2019.pdf

we need to be able to read the sign including all of the small print and also the letter you got. With the letter you need to redact the letter so your personal details, car reg and any of their reference numbers or barcodes are obscured.

now the devil is in the detail with residential parking as most places will have parking allocated to the flat by way of the lease and this trumps any contract the management co signs up to with the parking cowboys. However, it isnt always so and common areas would not fall under that supremacy of contract.  If th parking spot is actually part of the land contained in  the lease then the parking co has trespassed and not only do they not get to chase you for thier money you get to clobber them for breach of the GDPR and harassment. Ask your landlord about what it says about parking in their lease.

As for permit falling off windscreen, if that is down to a lack of stickyness of a self-adhesive permit then they are at fault and cant claim a breach of conditions. You cant sue someone for stopping suddenly if you crash into them when you know your brakes dont work!

They are IPC members so dont bother even considering an appeal.

Now with this particular company the directors are involed in extreme martial arts and security businesses together so I wonder if where the signage limits access their employees and themselves need a SIA licence. This would apply to any private land where there is prohibition so signs saying authorised persons or residents only and they have a so-called management role then perhaps they need to be qualified.

However, that is for the future so decent picture of the signs and a good copy of the ticket and letter for us to ponder over please

Hi ericsbrother many thanks for your detailed response!

I contacted my landlord but he is currently overseas and he will check his lease when he returns to the UK. He was neither aware that the management decided to apply a permit scheme nor he was consulted.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the ticket. I must have thrown it away (how stupid of me). Please see attached the letter and signs. 

Letter+sign.compressed.pdf

This is a real dogs breakfast of an NTD. For a start it should be a Notice to Keeper and they would have been given the address of the keeper from the DVLA . And yet this drivel  states "You have been named as the driver at the time the PCN was issued"!-my exclamation mark.

They are clair voyant? Who told them who was driving? Then five lines below they say "if you were not the driver of the vehicle......." they ask for their address.

Just when one would have thought that nothing could outdo the farce that is brexit along come  GXS Services. Not only does it give us a good laugh at the expense of a parking company it also means that even if they had you bang to rights for not showing your permit [which they haven't] they have failed to comply with POFA so you can safely ignore them.

One would hope that they would not be so stupid as to try Court a ta later date but given their record with you so far there are obviously doubts. If you get a  pre action protocol please come back to us.

I note they say you have been named as the driver- really? that can come back to haunt them if they do try suing you at some point in the future.

Now with residentail parking in your own spot it is rareky worth arguing about keeper liability but just showing that they are making statements that are just untrue will call the rest of their assertions into question and they will then have to work harder to prosecute their claim.

also they make it clear that it is the LL permit scheme so that brings into question their right to demand payment. you could have been given permission NOT to have the scheme applied and they wont be able to disagree with this poit becasue they cant deny the LL rights to do as they wish

• 4 years later...

Any update on this?  I ask as we have someone new who has had a run-in with these clowns.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread